Para ver este artículo en Español, haz click aquí.
English is known to be one of the toughest languages to master - even when it's your native tongue. Luckily with this great challenge comes many resources, and even many now specifically geared towards those learning English as a Second Language (ESL) in the hospitality industry!
Los Angeles Resources:
- California Language Academy - Personalized English and foreign language courses in Los Angeles and San Diego taught by experienced teaches who are passionate about the success of each student.
- Columbia West College: ESL + Hospitality and Tourism Management Certificate - This certificate and paid internship program is designed to provide students with a well-rounded course divided into three parts focusing on ESL and hospitality and tourism education.
- ESL Institute Agency Los Angeles - This agency helps international students looking to attend an English language school or academy in Los angeles and the Orange County area.
- The Division of Adult and Career Education (DACE) - This center offers a variety of ESL courses at multiple locations as well as via their distance learning program, providing students the opportunity to learn at-home.
- Los Angeles Hospitality Training Center - The HTA offers new and incumbent workers with the tools to succeed in Los Angeles’ vital, high-growth hospitality industry, and provides training to place participants into a job and then move the workers up the career ladder. The HTA has federal/WIOA, state, county and local city funding to work with low-income job seekers to assist with resumes, mock-interviewing, job/skill training, and then pipeline these students into a union, hospitality job with good wages and benefits.
Note: This list of resources is a small sampling (and a work-in-progress!) of the options that are currently available. If you'd like us to add one that you and/or your team have benefited from, please email us at [email protected]!