Role & Tasks:
As a team member you can be placed in many places. There are many positions around the Shack but the overall job of a Team Member was to show great hospitality to every guest, making their visit an awesome Shacksperience and Standing for Something Good. Here are some positions and operations/ functions as a team member.
1. Host - greeting guests at the door, answering guests questions about our selections, controlling lines (if needed), keeping front of the house tidy, and giving guest one more warm "Have a good day. I hope you enjoyed your meal.
2. Kitchen - the kitchen breaks into many parts. You have
● the cashier's position, which of course is the guests 1st to 2nd interaction with a team member. It's where you give that first to second impression of the company and our team. You are the guests key to make sure orders are keyed in correctly, and the correct payment is taken (cash or credit) with correct change given.
● the fry section, which is where the fries, chickens, and shrooms are made
● the grill section which is where burgers and dogs are made
● the bun section, which is where buns are toasted, burgers and dogs are dressed, and are placed into the heat window.
● Custard, is where all shakes and custards are made
● Beverage is where all the drinks are made
● Expo 1 is where the dine in trays or to go bags are made. And
● Expo 2 is where the trays or bags are checked and are called to our guests.
3. Front of the House - This is where more guest interaction and hospitality happens to ensure that the guests' are receiving their best Shack experience. Collecting dirty trays from guest and asking how their meal was, or possibly helping them with anything in need i.e. table may need to be wiped or may want a refill. Collecting other trays and cleaning other tables and areas free of trash, wiping tables, making sure trashes aren't full and overflowing, keeping dining area clean and stocked with condiments, utensils and napkins, and making sure restrooms are clean and stocked with paper towels, seat liners, soap, and toilet tissue.
4. Back of the House - The job here basically is dishes and trash.
Every time a guest comes into the Shack, the mission is to have them leave with an open smile and heart. We want our guests to remember the things we do and not what we say.