Role & Tasks:
I began in this position as a food runner, and worked up to a Captain's assistance, finally reaching Captain in 4 months.
* Identified and fulfilled guests’ needs without their prompting whenever possible. Asked clarifying questions to ensure accuracy of orders and special requests.
* Memorized ingredients and preparations of dishes from three separate menus for five different dining spaces that changed daily as well as seasonally. This ensured I could accommodate and inform guests with allergies and/or dietary restrictions of modifications that may need to be made to preparations.
* Maintained composure under high stress while exhibiting highly courteous, warm, and observant service to all guests.
* Ability to describe and compare wines, beers, and cocktails in order to help guests choose a beverage or create a food pairing
* Effectively worked in a multifaceted team to guarantee smooth service between all five dining spaces during service.