Role & Tasks:
Human Resources Analyst (2001-2005)
• Directed human resources functions ensuring compliance with state and federal employment laws.
• Recruited, interviewed and administered hiring programs for 250 exempt and non-exempt employees and temporary workers, including developing and maintaining pay actions through HRIS and Crystal Reports, online employee self-service and applicant tracking systems.
• Collaborated with executives, managers and supervisors to address staffing, compensation, compliance and legal issues.
• Reviewed and upgraded policies, procedures, job descriptions, compensation programs, recruiting and hiring techniques, employee counseling, HRIS training and employee orientation.
• Collaborated in coordinating 3rd Party Administration (TPA), including group benefits administration, pension and Worker’s Compensation.
• Closely monitored, analyzed and implemented changes within the laws and regulations by reading publications and attending industry functions.
• Evaluated trends and indicators; advised and consulted with appropriate staff members and committee.
Senior Human Resources Technician • HR Technician (1999-2001)
• Supported Human Resources staff with candidate selection process, employee benefits process and reconciling billing with budget.
• Coordinated and oriented temporary employees; ensured all paperwork was filled out properly and submitted before commencement.
• Prepared invoices and purchase orders, generated reports (spreadsheets, graphs and PowerPoint presentations), conducted surveys and studies, compiled data for annual budgets, performed records management and improved procedures/processes.
• Maintained up-to-date and accurate personnel files, including current records of pay rates, addresses, designated departments, shifts, classifications, corrective action, terminations, performance reviews and hires.
• Acted as liaison between organization and employee resolving employee-related issues; provided HR staff/management with sound assessments of findings and recommended corrective action in handling adversarial situations with department managers.
• Resolved disputes, complaints and discrepancies diplomatically and effectively.
SDHC: Quality Award; Fun to Work With; CEO Class Act; Innovation Award, Star Employee; Outstanding Performance (5)