Job Summary: Line Cook
Salty Fig Kitchen + Pantry features 60 seats between a small dining room, open kitchen counter and a retail grab and go space. We are seeking line cooks who are interested in working in a casual high-volume environment. Our goal is to build a team who has a strong passion for food, beverage and hospitality, paired with a strong work ethic and desire to be part of a great restaurant.
Line cooks must possess the following:
- Passionate about providing an excellent guest service experience
- Consistently working to meet and exceed our guest’s expectations
- Loves a team environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess a thirst for knowledge and attention to detail
- Passion for the food and beverage
- Ability to adapt easily and multitask in a high-volume environment
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times
- Enjoys having fun & laughing
We are excited to create an amazing team and offer a competitive compensation.
All qualified line cooks should attach resume, cover letter and salary requirements with their submission.
General Accountabilities: Line Cook
- Salty Fig Kitchen & Pantry is looking for Line Cooks to facilitate all food preparations, which may involve a variety of cooking stations and the maintenance of cooking equipment.
- The ideal line cooks has passion and enthusiasm for creating fine cuisine.
- Salty Fig has an open kitchen; line cooks must be team players and be comfortable keeping an open communication with all kitchen, front of the house staff and guests to ensure all necessary kitchen operations are being conducted efficiently.
- Ensure that all food orders are being completed correctly, taking into account food allergies, dietary restrictions and special requests.
- Ability to facilitate other stations according to health and sanitation standards if necessary.
- Prepare and cook all menu items, which pertain to the cooking line and other responsible stations, according to restaurant standards and policies.
- Accept or reject ingredients from food supplier based on quality and appearance; keep note of inventory and notify chef if product orders need to be made.
- Maintain and expand knowledge of basic cooking techniques.
- With these responsibilities Salty Fig Kitchen & Pantry offers opportunity to build and grow as a culinary professional in a friendly and enjoyable work environment with a healthy work-life balance.
Job Qualifications: Line Cook
- 1 year experience or training as a Line Cook in a restaurant with a similar style of dining, capacity and volume required
- While experience is always preferred, a great attitude and motivation to learn and grow is of the utmost importance.
- Experience and willingness to be involved in and multitask all aspects of running a busy, high end meal service
- Must be able to understand and communicate in the primary language of the work location and understand the primary language of the guest who typically visits the work location
- Possess an up to date Illinois, Cook County, Serve Safe Food Handling certificate
- Must be able to preform simple mathematical equations
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Possess exceptional communication skills and an ability to anticipate guests needs; an approachable demeanor with guests as well as with employees is essential
- Maintain a professional demeanor and polished appearance combined with the ability to interact with all types of guests
- Have passion for exceptional dining experiences and the craft of ingredient driven cooking combined with substantial food and service knowledge
We’re looking for a highly motivated career-focused line cook with the ability to exceed our guests’ expectations to become part of the winning team at Salty Fig Kitchen + Pantry.
Skills: Line Cook
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Well organized with a sense of urgency
- Excellent knife and cooking skills
- Physical Coordination
- Active listener and problem solver
- Flexible and easy to adapt to situations
- Provide exceptional service
- Stand and/or walk throughout an 8hr. shift
- Ability to walk up and down stairs during an 8 hr. shift
- Lift pots, pans, and boxes up to 50 lbs.
Salty Fig Kitchen & Pantry and Equal Opportunity Employer
Salty Fig Kitchen + Pantry is more than just an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status. Salty Fig Kitchen & Pantry enthusiastically celebrates the powerful and profound diversity of our team. We believe that talent, drive and experience are the only relevant criteria for considering new team members.
Advanced Knife Handling
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bakery / Patisserie, Casual Dining, Wine Bar, Cafe
Serving Rustic New American Cuisine
Breakfasts, Lunches, After-School Snacks, and Early Dinners
Satisfying Bites On-The-Go and Soulful Sit-Down Meals
5:30 a.m. until 7 p.m.
Closed Weekends (Chef wishes to remain married.)
At Salty Fig Kitchen & Pantry we believe that the best moments in life are the ones that are shared around a table over a good meal.
Because food is family.