Eataly Los Angeles is seeking a talent Head Baker! As an ambassador of Eataly, the Bakery Manager will be responsible for the production of bread, pizza alla pala and bread products in Eataly’s 24-hour baking facility. He or she will ensure sufficient quality and quantity of baked goods are supplied in the marketplace and restaurants at all times. The Bakery Manager will also lead and develop a team of Bakers, Pizza Makers and Bakery Sales Associates through effective delegation, coaching, training, and disciplining as necessary. Additional responsibilities will include scheduling both front sales and back production staffs and submitting payroll for all bakery employees.
The Bakery Manager will bake breads in accordance with Eataly’s standard, unique recipes and will maintain Eataly’s naturally leavened products. He or she will ensure that the products produced in the bakery meet Eataly’s quality standards while ensuring all staff maintain a clean and sanitary food area. The Bakery Manager will manage inventory and order ingredients and supplies as needed. He or she will also analyze sales and production costs to ensure efficient operation and budgeting. The Bakery Manager will be expected to document, investigate and resolve all employee and guest incidents, including guest complaints, and direct escalated issues to the appropriate outlet.
The Bakery Manager will adhere to all company and department procedures, policies, expectations and quality standards.
As an ambassador of Eataly products and services, the Manager is responsible for helping to create and maintain quality experiences for each guest that comes to Eataly. Eataly ambassadors are expected to actively engage with guests and spend quality time with each customer.
Essential Job Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
1. Directs the production of bread and bread products in Eataly’s 24-hour baking facility including, but not limited to: breads, pizza alla pala, rolls, focaccia, seasonal items and pastries.
2. Oversees and manages the day-to-day operations of the bakery sales and production staff.
3. Maintains responsibility for bakery production at all times, including nights, weekends and holidays.
4. Prepares all items to be sold in the bakery, at pizza alla pala, and all bread products served in restaurants. Maintains a full and organized counter display at all times, according to predetermined standards in terms of hours of the day and products included.
5. Maintains and nurtures natural yeast, local and organic flour and naturally leavened products.
6. Communicates with the Executive Chef, Retail GM and Bakery Quality Head on new recipes for the bakery.
7. Bakes product in accordance with Eataly’s unique recipes, and ensures the products produced in the bakery meet Eataly’s quality standards.
8. Ensures all staff members maintain a clean and sanitary food production area.
9. Orders and monitors inventory of all ingredients and products for the bakery, including tracking and documenting daily transfers and waste in the appropriate system.
10. Continuously develops bakery staff through providing, coaching and counseling, training (including FOH training on products and ingredients), and progressive discipline if necessary.
11. Schedules and submits payroll for all employees, while managing vacation requests and all related employee tasks.
12. Reviews financial information such as sales and costs, and monitors budget to ensure efficient operation and spending, within the specified budget. Works with Retail GM to take action to correct any deviations from the budget. Uses computer for review and analysis of information.
13. Maintains open communication with Retail GM to ensure that all parties are aware of daily bakery activities, including absences, schedule coverage and product availability.
14. Provides support as needed to all Eataly departments.
15. Documents, investigates and resolves all employee and guest incidents including guest complaints and directs escalated issues to the appropriate outlet.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in bread and related production required
- Minimum of two (2) years’ experience managing and leading a sales and production team required
- Strong communications skills
- Grocery bakery management experience desired but not required
- Excellent time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Staff Education / Motivation
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bakery / Patisserie, Bar / Lounge, Cafe, Casual Dining, Fast Casual, Quick Service, Restaurant Group, Upscale Casual
Part of Eataly USA
Eataly is the largest existing artisanal Italian food and wine marketplace and it is committed to the world-wide distribution of high-quality agro-products!
Founded in Turin in 2007, our market sells the same high-quality foods used by our chefs, while narrating the history of its products and their local producers that day by day make Italy one of the most biodiverse places on earth. Eataly's culture and philosophy are built upon the values of Sustainability, Corporate Responsibility and Sharing.
Eataly is the first space where you can buy, eat and learn at the same time. Our customers can savor our products and then purchase the ones they selected while also acquiring knowledge of food and cooking through our learning programs (cooking classes, tastings and producers’ speeches). Eataly's goal is to make its consumers incisive and informed so as to help them select healthy and quality foods.
Currently, we have more than 30 Marketplaces around the world building a bridge amongst cultures, eating styles and cuisines and bringing the Italian high food philosophy everywhere. We opened our second Eataly NYC location at the World Trade Center in August 2016, Boston in November 2016, Eataly LA is anticipated to open in the summer of 2017 and Eataly Las Vegas the summer after!