The Sous Chef oversees and coordinates daily activities and operations of cooks and other employees engaged in preparing and cooking food products; maintains the quality, presentation, professional attitude, and sanitation of the kitchen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train and develop kitchen staff; train cooks/kitchen staff in the importance of consistency in preparation and presentation.
- Ensure that level of quality, portion control, and plate presentation is adhered to consistently.
- Monitor and maintain line plating and quality.
- Prepare a variety of cuisine utilizing skill and creativity.
- Coordinate with wait staff to ensure customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Assist with inventory management, maintaining information in computer databases and other standardized reports as needed.
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe kitchen; ensure all sanitation procedures are being followed; ensure adherence to all health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Assist chef/executive chef as needed.
- Skillfully utilizes hand tools or machines required, reads recipes, measures, cuts, and otherwise works on materials with great precision.
- Establish procedures, prepares and coordinates schedules, and expedites workflow.
- Assist with hiring, training, motivating, disciplining and rewarding kitchen staff.
- Ensure all necessary reports and forms are completed daily.
- Possess and maintain through understanding of industry and stays abreast of industry trends; communicate/incorporate information to assure kitchen remains current.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
Graduate of a recognized culinary school and five to six years related experience is preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Must possess thorough knowledge of all food preparation techniques and styles. Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates. Commitment to excellence, high standards, and good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions. Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm. Must possess acute attention to detail. Professional appearance and demeanor with the willingness to be a spokesperson for the restaurant. Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various backgrounds.
To be considered for this position, you must apply @ www.qhire.net/gibsons
WE ARE AN E-VERIFY EMPLOYER