Restaurant group based in Chicagoland is seeking back of house chef talent, including Executive Chef and Sous Chef. Applicants must have 3+ years experience running a kitchen at a high-volume establishment and thrive in a fast-paced environment. Ideal candidates are self-motivated, energetic, creative, positive and ready to work in a team environment.
Why Maya Hospitality Group? It's a dynamic place to work and grow, plus we offer a competitive salary, vacation time, company dining privileges and more!
Job requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee kitchen preparation of all stations and the production of all food.
- Complete quality control line check for each meal period.
- Verify all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures are maintained by kitchen employees.
- Assist with training of kitchen personnel as well as food services staff.
- Maintain high standards of quality and appearance of all food prepared and served.
- Ensure food tickets are complete and out in a timely manner.
- Oversee and support line cooks in synchronizing food procurement as well as other food preparation tasks.
- Manage labor costs, food purchasing and utilization to maximize cost efficiencies.
- Order and receive food products from vendors, checks in by item on invoice, and input in receiving log in an efficient manner.
- Understand and comply with all company policies and procedures regarding safety, security, emergencies and energy
Please send resume and references to [email protected] to apply.
Vacation, Dining Priveleges
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Food Cost Optimization
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Gastro Pub, Bar / Lounge
Restaurant group out of Chicagoland. Concepts include Maya Del Sol in Oak Park, Monnie's in Pilsen, and Pizza Capri in Lincoln Park.