MANAGEMENT POSITION AT WHITE DOG CAFÉ
What makes White Dog Café special and a great place to work?!
Cuz’ we give a damn!
We are part of Fearless Restaurant Group; a multi-concept group of 8 independent restaurants based in Philadelphia, PA and Long Beach Island, NJ. As a company, we are defined by our talent, teamwork, resources, opportunity and a workplace built on loyalty and respect. We're a creative, ambitious business with an aggressive growth strategy and require like-minded leaders to join us as we move forward.
White Dog Café opened its first location in 1983 under the helm of pioneer and social activist Judy Wicks. For 35 years it has been supporting our local farmers, cheese mongers, fisherman, brewers, artisans and bakers. In 2009, Marty Grims bought White Dog Cafe to continue the legacy, adding culinary inspiration and service commitment. Since 2009, we have opened an additional 2 concepts in Wayne, PA and Haverford, PA.
We are a group of strong leaders with a profound sense of ownership and pride in all aspects of the restaurant. We are looking for individuals full of intellect, passion, integrity, creativity, and energy driven by an unshakable belief in hospitality as a foundation. We require honest, hardworking professionals that manage and mentor others with respect, empathy and dignity. Candidate should enjoy coaching and managing a team of 50-75 in a high volume setting.
• 2+ years of restaurant experience in a high volume, excellence driven environment (management experience not required, just a can-do attitude)
• Must love interacting with guests and creating raves
• Excellent work ethic and dedication to the hospitality industry
• Must be driven to meet or exceed standards of operational excellence
• Outstanding written and verbal communication acumen
• Restaurant scheduling, inventory and purchasing experience appreciated
• Ability to work full-time
• Conflict resolution
• Special event execution
• Wine, beer and spirit knowledge preferred
• Food Safety Knowledge
• Experience working with POS Systems such as Aloha or Micros
• Staff Education / Motivation
• Recruiting, Scheduling, and Staff Education experience appreciated
• Salary range $45,000-55,000 DOE
• Medical/dental insurance
• Short-term disability insurance available after 30-days service
• 10 days paid vacation (Year 1-3); 15 days (Year 4)
• Employee Dining Benefit Program at all 8 Fearless Restaurant locations
• Transportation Tax benefits, Healthcare Tax benefits, Childcare Tax Benefits
Health/dental insurance, short-term disability, 401k, MAJOR vacation perks, Employee Dining Program @ Fearless Restaurants, Field Trips!
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Fearless Restaurants
White Dog Cafe has been engaging its local community with award-winning contemporary American cuisine, since 1983 in Philadelphia and since 2010 in Wayne. Known for creative menus, using the highest quality farm-fresh ingredients and humanely raised meats and poultry, our menus change weekly to capture the best local, seasonal and sustainable grown foods available. Our inspiring menus are complimented with an all American wine list, local craft beers and seasonal specialty cocktails and refreshing mocktails served with warm hospitality.