Established by chef and founder David Chang in 2004 with the opening of Momofuku Noodle Bar, Momofuku has grown to include restaurants in New York City, Sydney, Toronto, Washington, DC, and Las Vegas (Noodle Bar, Ssam Bar, Ko, Ma Peche, Seiobo, Noodle Bar Toronto, Daisho, Shoto, Fuku, Fuku+, CCDC, Nishi, Las Vegas, Fuku Wall St),a bakery established by award-winning pastry chef Christina Tosi (Milk Bar), a bar (Nikai), and a quarterly magazine (Lucky Peach). The restaurants have gained world-wide recognition for their innovative take on cuisine, while supporting local, sustainable and responsible farmers and food purveyors.
About Ma Peche
Me Peche is Momofuku’s only restaurant that doesn’t require a subway ride to get to if you’re coming from the MoMA, the Theater District, Central Park, or work: it’s in Midtown. Ma Peche (which means “mother peach”) serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and weekend brunch.
At Ma Peche, guests may choose from a variety of a la carte offerings. The restaurant also serves a large format meal, Pork Rack Char Siu, which serves 3 - 12 for lunch and dinner by reservation only.
“In the world of the restaurant-obsessed, the general assumption about Ma Peche has been that Mr. Chang was aiming for a place at the highest level of the mainstream — a coat-and-tie restaurant from rock ’n’ roll kids, as ambitious as his other businesses. Instead he has simply opened a very good restaurant for a midtown business lunch, a celebratory steak dinner or a drink and some snacks after work.”—The New York Times
- Executing menu items from start to finish. This including but not limited to preparation of ingredients, butchery of proteins, cooking and plating of menu items.
- Working with seasonal ingredients
- Participating in the preparation and development of new menu items
- Honing your existing skills while learning new techniques and building your skill set
- Working collaboratively with BOH staff and FOH staff
- Maintaining cleanliness of any BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
- Participate in deep cleaning of BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas
Skills & Requirements
- At least 1 year of related experience required
- General knife handling, food safety & sanitation knowledge
- High volume restaurant experience required
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and high energy environment
- A passion for food, exceptional work ethic and dedication
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
What's in it for you?
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package,including vision/dental/medical, and gym and commuter discounts, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our employees to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Momofuku Restaurants
The Momofuku group is comprised of restaurants and bakeries located in the US, Australia, and Canada, a culinary lab, a magazine, and an equipment manufacturing company. We are fun, exciting and fast-paced. If you're looking for a challenging but supportive environment, we welcome you to submit your application for consideration.
Má pêche (meaning “mother peach”) serves breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a weekend brunch. It is the only Momofuku restaurant that doesn’t require a subway ride to get to if you’re coming from the MoMA, the Theater District, Central Park, or work: it’s in Midtown.