Death & Co Denver will be the first expansion of the world-renowned Death & Co brand - and we are now hiring.
Our team means everything to us; they are the key to Death & Co. becoming a New York City cocktail institution, and the reason behind our success over the past 11 years.
We value being a great employer FIRST and a renowned destination for food and drink second.
We offer healthcare benefits to all full-time employees after a three month trial period and have a policy to invest 0.5% of sales into individual and team development in the form of events, education and travel opportunities. Additionally, 1% of our sales go to a local nonprofit of the staff’s choosing.
Death & Co Denver is located in Denver’s RiNo neighborhood and will run all of the F&B spaces within the new Ramble Hotel. We will operate the 80 seat lobby from early morning coffee to late night food and last call cocktails. As well as a 26 seat mezzanine bar, a 70 seat second floor patio bar, and a 100 person events space. With breakfast, lunch, dinner, late night, and multiple bar areas - Death & Co Denver is a beast!
Death & Co NYC is known as one of the best bars in the world because we employ and nurture the best hospitality talent. We plan to do just that in Denver. Putting out an exceptional product is challenging. Putting out an exceptional product during an opening is especially challenging. We’re looking for talented future team members that are up for the task.
The opening phase will be fun but trying - even chaotic - at times, as we balance our commitment to exceptionally delivered service and high quality products with the inevitable unforeseen issues that arise in a new venue. You will need to be patient, open-minded, resilient, dedicated and solution orientated. Our team will be centered around creativity, learning, personal ownership and community.
If this sounds like it could be the perfect opportunity for you, all you need to do is complete a short online questionnaire so we can learn more about you ￼and attach your resume with a minimum of 2 recent references.
Thank you for considering Death and Co Denver as your new employer and we look forward to reading your responses!
Duties and responsibilities
- Maintain a strong sense of ownership of entire Culinary offerings provided by D&C.
- Execute all Kitchen ware washing duties with a high level of precision and care.
- Provide inspiration and creative influence to Culinary Team in keeping with D&C Core Values.
- Assist Culinary management in all special projects, kitchen operations and asset inventory.
- Maintain patron satisfaction by executing, evaluating, and auditing all kitchen sanitation.
- Maintain Company policies and standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Maintain effective communication with Culinary management team and FOH staff.
- Maintain sanitation standards and procedures that comply with health and legal regulations with the advice of the Company.
- Assist in maintenance of facility and provide opportunities for improvement.
- Work proactively with Event staff in set up and execute all Hotel events to D&C standards.
- Communicate with Culinary Management nightly in “Post Op” about any opportunities to improve function and product of Kitchen
- Assist in training of new team members.
- Maintain a reasonable schedule with flexible availability.
Knowledge, Skills & Ability
-Knowledge of kitchen operations and sanitation standards
-Be able to safely operate all kitchen equipment
-Solid understanding of restaurant work
-Willingness to learn and grow within property
-Able to multitask on various levels under very high stress levels
-Strong understanding of personal hygiene and sanitation techniques as they pertain to restaurant work
Education or Formal Training
-High school diploma or equivalent
-Minimum 1 years Kitchen experience preferred.
Material and Equipment Directly Used
-All kitchen equipment
-Knives and other sharp tools
-Chemicals and other cleaning products
-Raw and fresh foods
Working Environment/Physical Activities:
-Heavy lifting to 50lbs
-Kitchen Hot or Cold line and Dish Stations
-Walk-in Coolers and Freezers
-Trash Recycling Room
-Execution of job duties under various conditions of heat and stress
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the job
70% Health Care Benefits
Bar / Lounge, Cafe, Upscale Casual
Death & Co is one of the most significant and influential bars to emerge from the current craft cocktail revival. Since its NY opening in 2006, Death & Co has been a must-visit destination for serious drinks and cocktail enthusiasts, and the winner of several major industry awards, including America’s Best Cocktail Bar and World’s Best Cocktail Menu at the Tales of the Cocktail convention. The Death & Co book, which published October of 2014, has quickly become the definitive guide to the contemporary cocktail movement. Death & Co Denver at The Ramble will be the first expansion of the now eleven year old institution. Woven throughout The Ramble Hotel, the new property allows for a variety of Death & Co hospitality experiences in both food and beverage, from early morning through late evening. For more information visit DeathandCompany.com/Denver