Pacific Standard Time is a California inspired - hearth focused - market obsessed restaurant in the heart of Chicago's River North District. The 160 seat restaurant (with a 60 seat PDR) is a collaboration between One Off Hospitality and the newly minted Underscore Hospitality.
We are beginning our search for all front of house positions! We are looking for hard working individuals who are ready to be part of a creative, dedicated, and fun-loving team.
We are opening at the end of April, and will bring our hourly team members on around April 16th.This is a great opportunity to be part of a highly anticipated opening team!
RESTAURANT: Pacific Standard Time
REPORTS TO: Front of House Management
Position Summary- A Host is responsible for setting the stage for exceptional accommodation and organization for the restaurant through telephone service, greeting, seating and setting the pace for each service.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Answering a ringing telephone by the third ring with appropriate verbiage respective to each location.
- To be proficient in all of the specifications of each property—food, beverage, hours of operation, etc.
- Go above and beyond to provide accommodation to guests, albeit through securing reservations or offering other pertinent information of the location.
- Greet all guests with a warm, friendly and professional demeanor.
- Maintain composure and positivity when under pressure.
- Multi-tasking between greeting, seating, assisting guests with any belongings, answering telephones and communicating with managers and service staff about guests when deemed necessary.
- Communicate with managers regarding any special guest requests or dissatisfactory comments in order to have all addressed and rectified immediately.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the front door area to ensure the safety and security of all guests and service team members.
- Always maintain a positive, and team-oriented, demeanor.
- Assist in housekeeping tasks when asked and follow direction.
- Adhere to all One Off and Underscore Hospitality policies, procedures and practices including health & safety, and loss prevention.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Diploma or GED graduate.
- Serve Safe Certification required.
- Ability to handle stress under pressure.
- Ability to provide quality guest service.
- Willingness to maintain a clean, healthy, and safe working environment.
- Ability to learn and use company computer to input data.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to climb and descend stairs
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by staff to successfully perform and those staff encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualifying individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This position requires staff to work in close quarters with other staff and/or guests which may result in physical, non-sexual contact with other staff and/or guests.
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to talk or hear in a loud environment. The staff is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The staff may frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific sensory abilities required by this job include sight, taste, smell, and hearing
While performing the duties of this job, the staff is occasionally exposed to raw meat, moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, hazardous materials, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
Employer matched 401K contribution, Available Heath/Dental/Vision Insurance, Dining Discounts at Sister Restaurants
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of One Off Hospitality Group
When it opens this spring, Pacific Standard Time will be the first project from Underscore Hospitality (Chef Erling Wu-Bower and Joshua Tilden), in partnership with One Off Hospitality (Paul Kahan, Donnie Madia and Terry Alexander). The restaurant, as well as the food coming straight out of its two hearth ovens, will draw from the authenticity and relaxed energy of California cooking, with all-day dishes ranging from whole-grain flatbread pizzas to coal-roasted vegetables, and a botanical, light-filled interior design to match.