Monteverde Restaurant & Pastificio, located in Chicago's West Loop, is a busy and modern Italian restaurant looking for its next great team members. Monteverde was recently named "Restaurant of the Year" at the 2018 Jean Banchet Awards, one of Eater National's "38 Essential Restaurants" in the country, and our Chef Sarah Grueneberg received the 2017 James Beard Foundation Award for "Best Chef: Great Lakes".
We are currently looking for full-time line cooks. Job requirements include:
- One year (or more) of experience in a high-volume restaurant kitchen, with full weekend availability.
- Possessing a positive and flexible attitude at work.
- Self-starting, must be able to work independently, with or without supervision.
- Working cleanly, always keeping the station organized.
- Willingness to be crossed trained on other kitchen stations.
If you are interested in working in a team environment with other driven, focused and passionate people, please apply with cover letter and resume. We offer a fun and fast-paced workplace with high standards of quality and hospitality.
Health Insurance, Paid Vacation after 1 year of service
Food Safety Knowledge
General knife handling
Over 300 covers a night
Other jobs you might be interested in
Monteverde is a restaurant from partners Chef Sarah Grueneberg and Meg Sahs. Opened in November 2015, Monteverde serves a modern Italian menu with a unique wine list and thriving bar program.
We have worked harded to create something special, something a little different. If you are passionate about something in life, you work hard in all of your endeavors, you have a positive attitude and like to have fun at work, reach out to us. It may just be the perfect fit for a long and successful career.