- Be responsible for all activities related to service of the Pierrot Gourmet Restaurant, which includes preparation tasks, training and performing service as per standards set by the department and the Peninsula Perform a friendly yet discreet and unobtrusive service in: greeting, seating and serving all guests.
- Perform pre-service and after-service procedures as per standard.
- Understand and accurately follow the standard of sequence of service.
- Ensure a consistency of the correct service techniques for all meal periods.
- Understand all food and beverage items ordered, including ingredients, methods of preparation and proper service.
- Be able to explain all food and beverage items listed on the menu.
- Have extensive knowledge of all food and beverage menu items and preparations.
- Have good knowledge of wines and spirit.
- Ensure usage of all food and beverage items and appropriate usage of equipment, tools and service equipment.
- Utilize the MICROS system as per policies and procedures in place
- Observe and maintain daily condition of all physical facilities and equipment in the restaurant, public area and make recommendations for corrections and improvement as needed.
- Attend and participate at all scheduled meetings.
- Attend all scheduled trainings.
- Give feedback on guest comments or complaints to the management.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all employees within the restaurant.
- Recognize and address potential intoxicated, disruptive or undesirable guests.
- Report employee and guest accidents as per Peninsula standards.
- Respond properly to any hotel emergency as per Peninsula standards.
Other jobs you might be interested in
The Peninsula Hotels group has a unique identity among the world’s leading hotels. Established in 1928, we now operate prestigious luxury properties in ten major cities. These include the flagship in Hong Kong, plus Shanghai, Tokyo, Beijing, New York, Chicago, Beverly Hills, Bangkok, Manila, and Paris with London under development. Peninsula is a living legend, the name synonymous with luxurious comfort and impeccable service. We set our sights high and our standards higher, aiming always to delight our customers, and in many cases we are now serving the third generation of our loyal guests.
The Peninsula Chicago is the five-star hotel that brought traditional Asian service to a city already renowned for the warmth of its hospitality. The hotel has become an integral part of Chicago life and is considered the top choice for everything from accommodation to celebrations and corporate events. For this, the hotel credits its strong links to both the local community and international heritage.
This year, The Peninsula Chicago is honored to be recognized as part of the '2017 Travel + Leisure World's Best Awards.' Each year, the readers of Travel + Leisure, the largest travel magazine brand in the United States, vote for their favorites in all things travel in their 'Worlds Best Awards' survey. The hotel is delighted that the readers have voted The Peninsula Chicago as the 'Best Hotel in Chicago' for 2017.
Assistant Manager - The Lobby Restaurant
Chef de Cuisine - The Lobby restaurant
Executive Sous Chef
Assistant Manager - The Lobby restaurant
The Bar Manager
Restaurant Manager - Pierrot Gourmet
Assistant Spa Manager
Chef de Cuisine Pierrot Gourmet