Cafe Kindred is looking for kitchen team members! We are looking for both full and part time, and morning and evening shifts. Although the menus are different, the positions we are trying to fill all have the same qualities and requirements. The best candidate for the position would be:
- Experienced in a restaurant kitchen. A minimum of 1 year line cook experience is required.
- Reliable and punctual. A good employee is most effective when the team can rely on them to be at work, when scheduled, and on time. This is a crucial requirement.
- Lacking in ego. We all know that working in a kitchen takes some sort of confidence, but being able to learn is a much more desirable trait. While we are always looking for people's ideas and input, we first need to focus on learning how our kitchen works, and how to most efficiently put out quality food in a timely manner.
- Focused. Keeping inventory and par levels up, ensuring we do not 86 items, and keeping food quality standards upheld to expectations.
- Organized and Clean. It's a small kitchen, in a small restaurant. Which, presents itself with positives, and challenges. It is concise, so you aren't moving around too much in order to get food out. It does force you to keep the line clean, organized, and rotated, the way it should be.
- Positive! We like to have people that like to work and stay busy. Come in with a positive attitude, and a desire to be a part of a team, and we will work well together!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Prep line, and keep all food items available for service
- Rotate stock to keep food fresh
- Execute tickets in a timely fashion, serving consistent and quality food
- Arrive to work when scheduled, on time, with a positive and professional attitude
- Be a part of the team; listen when being taught, and pitch in when needed
- Stay focused, and complete tasks on time
- Keep kitchen extremely organized and clean
- Keep work station clean and organized
Qualifications and Skills
- Minimum 1 year line cooking experience
- Legal to work in U.S.
- Reliable transportation to and from work, including early and late shifts
- 40 hours paid vacation time following 1 year of employment
- 50% discount on all food during work shifts
- Growth opportunities available
- Annual end of year employee party
Job Types: Full-time and Part-time
Half off shift meal, 40 hours paid time off after 1 year full time service, growth available depending on performance.
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food Cost Optimization
Food Safety Knowledge