General Manager, Broken Shaker
Freehand Chicago is looking for a hands on F&B leader to drive the daily operation and strategy in the Broken Shaker. The Broken Shaker General Manager is responsible for the day to day and strategic operations of the Broken Shaker, including both beverage and food programs. This is a hands on leadership position that will lead the bar and floor team as part of the property management team.
- Manage day-to-day operations in the Broken Shaker, including floor management, staff management and providing an exceptional guest experience
- Execute processes to maintain and improve performance and productivity focusing on revenue driving and cost saving initiatives
- Help to manage all related costs and budgets to ensure profitable operation including and not limited to Labor, COGS, Operational Expenses, and A&G
- Develop processes to maintain and improve performance both in revenue efforts and cost control with the assistance of the Director of Outlets
- Maintain the standards of health, safety, and sanitation throughout the operation including but not limited to the City of Chicago Health Inspection
- Lead the efforts in recruiting, hiring, training, scheduling, and retention of staff for the property outlets
- Lead the department in terms of coaching and counseling employees including issuing progressive discipline in adherence with company policy
- Work closely with the F&B Partners including but not limited to weekly communication, menu development rollout, coordinating offsite or brand events, and working with partners to meet revenue goals
- Work closely with all managers in the hotel to execute an exceptional culinary and guest experience throughout their visit
- Work with Events/Sales teams to sell and execute private events as needed
- Degree in hospitality preferred
- At least 3 years in a leadership role; 1-2 years in an AGM or GM role
- At least 2 years in a hands on hospitality role, bartender or server experience preferred
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written
- Must possess a thorough understanding of Microsoft Office, payroll systems, and POS systems
- Ability to make evaluative judgments and give constructive criticism
- Have a working knowledge of employment-related federal and state laws
- Strong organizational and time management skills in a fast-paced environment
- Positive leader who sets a good example
- Ability to train and supervise employees
- Patience and integrity
Qualified candidates should submit the following information:
- Current updated resume
- Please include position being applied for in the subject line.
- No phone calls please.
Employment will be based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, or any other protected characteristic as established by law.
Please send resume to: [email protected]
Who Are We
The Sydell Group is a New York based owner and developer of lifestyle oriented hotels. Sydell’s core expertise is an ability to identify fresh talent within the hotel, food & beverage, and retail communities and align them with best in class development, management and financial discipline in the creation of compelling new business models in lifestyle hotels.
Freehand Hotels are created for a new generation of travelers. Freehand Chicago is located in the heart of The Windy City, in the River North neighborhood. Our second outpost is housed in a classic 1927 building with innovative design envisioned by Roman and Williams. For eats and drinks, you’ll find a second edition of our celebrated Broken Shaker mixology bar, serving up signature cocktails and bites. Our Café Integral serves up a variety of fine Nicaraguan coffee and seasonal dishes.
medical/dental/vision insurance, 401k plus match, paid time off