A Bartender will be in charge of his or her section behind the bar, along with daily responsibilities. Preparation of ingredients in use, working a scheduled section of the bar, and attribute to a working environment.
- Daily preparations for service including stocking, juicing, and cleaning
- Learn the names and personally recognize our regulars, while actively developing your own
- Having 100% knowledge of food and beverage menus
- Present food and drink menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding menus
- Prepare and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with Homestead’s standard drink recipes
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately after receipt into the register system
- Receive and serve food orders to guests seated at the bar
- Follow the steps of service when serving food and drinks
- Accept guest payment, being responsible for a cash drawer, cash handling and credit card close outs
- Cleaning and stocking glassware for the restaurant and bar
- Clear and reset tables and chairs in bar area
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas
- Doing the assign closing side-work including restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor
- Complying with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning
- Operating with Aloha POS, Opentable, answering the phone, providing great customer service, and following Fifty/50 Restaurant Group policies & procedures
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed
- Must be able to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of up to 8 hours or as needed
- Be able to lift up to 25 pounds frequently
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- High levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish
Qualifications, Education and Behavior
- At least 21 years old
- Have a minimum of 2 years bartending experience
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures
- Ability to properly handle a knife, confidently
- Active social media presence
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and on site events
- Ability to work consistent schedule at least 4 days per week
About the Fifty/50 Restaurant Group:
Formed in 2008, The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group is an independent company made up of hardworking, talented restaurant professionals. We have 14 restaurants with more on the way. We offer subsidized health insurance, dental insurance, 401k, employee discounts, paid paternal leave, and plenty of other benefits and perks to qualified employees.
We appreciate talent and reward hard work. To learn more about our concepts, visit www.thefifty50group.com
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group
Homestead On The Roof — our cozy rooftop restaurant— is tucked away above Roots Handmade Pizza & features farm-fresh seasonal fare in its dinner, desserts, and hand-crafted cocktails from Executive Chef Scott Shulman.
Esoteric and small-production wines by the bottle and glass, a rotating craft beer list, and a tightly curated 100-bottle spirits list rounds out the Homestead beverage program.
Homestead sports an 85-seat outdoor rooftop patio sits next to its 3,000 square foot organic rooftop garden, two massive, vertical hanging gardens, and dozens of planter boxes, all filled with vegetables, fruits, and herbs. Homestead also has a 65-seat indoor, enclosed second story space which is open year round for private events.
Homestead is also one of Chicago’s premier off-site catering companies serving restaurant-quality, impressively plated dinners at event venues throughout Chicago.