• Field incoming event inquiries for groups up to 25 guests across all of Major Food Groups' properties.
• Liase with these clients throughout the booking and planning process by generating contracts, negotiating pricing and estimates, securing client's signatures.
• Follow department and company procedures to ensure confirmed events are communicated to appropriate internal teams.
• Work with confirmed clients on billing, menu options, beverage details, floorplans, room set up notes, run of show and all specifics pertaining to their event.
• Maintain and constantly update event information in our catering software program to generate BEO's , participating in weekly meetings with chefs and managers to communicate all catering details for events
• Communicate in an organized and timely manner all of the logistics and specifics of the party to on-site management and provide on-site support for all events to ensure proper execution of all event details
• Responsible for maintaining the most up to date menus across each property to ensure private dining menus reflect the most current offering and manage the event files on the server and in the office.
• Provide assistance to the Director of Events with special projects as assigned adhering to deadlines.
• Act as an ambassador to Major Food Group Culture.
• Actively generate new business leads and secure new event clientele
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ years of event coordination, department administrative assistance, client services
- Background in the hospitality sector is preferred but not required
- Strong work ethic, enthusiastic, team oriented, positive attitude are essential
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills and be able to interact with high profile and high net worth clients
- Needs to be able to multitask, work well under pressure and succeed in a face paced environment
- Proficient in Excel, Indesign, Illustrator and Tripleseat is preferred but not required
Competitive pay, Medical, Dental, Vision and Transit benefits, Paid Time Off and a Generous Dining Program!
Part of Major Food Group
Carbone is an Italian-American restaurant created by Mario Carbone, Rich Torrisi and Jeff Zalaznick. The restaurant pays homage to the essence of the great Italian-American restaurants of mid-20th century in New York, where delicious, exceptionally well-prepared food was served in settings that were simultaneously elegant, comfortable and unpretentious. The food nods to that same history, but take its culinary cues from the great talents and techniques of the present and of the future. Familiar dishes like Seafood Salad, Linguini Vongole, Lobster Fra Diavola, Chicken Scarpariello and Veal Parmesan elevated to a new level.