The Momofuku Group is comprised of restaurants and bakeries located in the US, Australia, and Canada, a magazine, and an equipment manufacturing company. We are fun, exciting and fast-paced. If you're looking for a challenging but supportive environment, we welcome you to submit your application for consideration.
Momofuku’s first restaurant in Washington, D.C. opened in October 2015. Momofuku CCDC serves a roster of dishes that change with the seasons. The restaurant has a bar, noodle bar, main dining room, and private dining room.
Some things you'll be doing:
- Working with seasonal ingredients
- Executing menu items from start to finish. this includes preparation of ingredients, butchery of proteins, cooking and plating of dishes
- Honing your existing skills while learning new techniques and building your skill set as a line cook
- At least 2 years of related experience
- High volume restaurant experience
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high energy environment
- Attention to detail
- A passion for food, exceptional work ethic and dedication
- Full time availability required
- An enthusiasm to learn and grow with us!
- The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 50 pounds, sitting, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
The duties of this position may change from time to time. Momofuku reserves the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of Momofuku or its managers. This job description is intended to describe the general level of work being performed. It is not intended to be all-inclusive.
Momofuku is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender (including gender identity or expression), pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic violence, sexual violence or stalking victim status, ancestry, national origin, alienage or citizenship, age, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other protected status.
What's in it for you?
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package, including vision/dental/medical, and gym and commuter discounts, plus more after required wait periods. We encourage our employees to grow and learn, and offer many opportunities for personal and career development.