As the Banquet Director at Viceroy Chicago, you will have the main responsibility of setting up and executing all private events within the Viceroy property. This position will require keeping an open line of communication between management, staff and personally ensuring that clients’ needs are met.
The banquet food & beverage operation is managed by Boka Restaurant Group. Founded by Rob Katz and Kevin Boehm in 2002, Boka Restaurant Group has become one of the premier chef-driven restaurant groups in the country. Anchored by partnerships with some of America's great chefs, BRG has 18 entities, each of them crafted individually and conceptually unique. The success of Boka Group restaurants rely on talented, driven individuals that strive for excellence on a daily basis.
Report to: Food & Beverage Director
▪ 5 days a week. Schedule will vary including weekends and holidays. Schedule must be flexible to include early mornings, evenings, and late night.
As the Banquet Director at Viceroy Chicago, you will be responsible for:
- Finalizing food, beverage and meeting room set-up requirements
- Being aware of the forecast and budget.
- Familiarization with catering's standard operating procedures and adhering to these guidelines
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of all policies, procedures and quality standards within the department, utilizing a continuous improvement approach to ensure a high quality, cost effective and customer focused operation.
- Interview, hire, train, and manage banquet staff as well as In Room Dining
- Implement and support hotel operation policies and procedures
- Review all written communication, i.e., resumes, daily/weekly, Banquet Event Orders to determine appropriate staffing levels, room/station assignments, buffet décor and enhancements as they relate to banquets and meeting room set-ups. Communicate all changes within the Banquet Department and makes adjustments according to the above items. Communicate information to the kitchen and other supportive departments prior to and during events.
- Prompt and accurate completion of assigned projects
- Responsible for maintaining a strong client relationship and ensuring that all convention specifications are communicated to and executed by all hotel operating departments making for a successful meeting experience for the meeting planner and attendees. Maintain constant communication with the Convention Service/Catering Sales Manager as it applies to the client at hand.
- Keeping an open line of communication with the executive and banquet chef, banquet staff, catering service managers, and catering staff
- Recommending and identifying new ideas and methods for setups and events
- Promoting energy conservation and aggressive hospitality programs along with achieving accident prevention goals
- Reviewing BEO's and executing events
- Tracing files to insure proper finalization of program
- Proper credit check to ensure correct payment
- Inspection of operations three times each shift
- Conduct training classes for new serving and set-up equipment
- Performing duties of managers when necessary to ensure property management coverage is maintained
- Performing duties of line employees as needed under high volume and emergency situations
- Reporting duty as scheduled by direct supervisor according to operating hours
- Providing maximum levels of guest service while maintaining Boka Restaurant Group standards
- Being fully versed in all service standards, train, reinforce and ensure the proper execution of those - Other duties as assigned by Food & Beverage Director
- Support In Room Dining Department as assigned by Food & Beverage Director
- Activities include standing, reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, handling, grasping, lifting, carrying, seeing, hearing, talking, walking. Considerable repetitive motion of hands and wrists as pertaining to pouring of drinks from bottles and shaking with shakers.
- Requires the ability to lift and carry object weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Standing for 90% of work shift is required.
Special Skills Required:
- Thorough knowledge of Food and Beverage outlet operations including foods, beverages, supervisory aspects, service techniques, and guest interaction.
- Ability to walk, stand and or bend continuously to perform essential job functions.
- Ability to communicate in English, both orally and in writing, with guests and associates.
- Ability to use patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and to collect accurate information to resolve problems.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stressful situations during busy periods.