Position Summary - A server is responsible for executing food and beverage service throughout the majority of the guest dining experience that is in accordance with the service standards set forth by One Off Hospitality
Essential Duties and Responsibilities-
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet guests in a warm, friendly, professional and timely manner. All guests should be greeted within 2 minutes of being seated.
- Provide water service if necessary.
- To be fluent in all menus, both food and beverage.
- Walk guests through menu to answer any questions and assist with any necessary accommodations for allergies and dietary restrictions.
- Listen intently to guests and be aware of body language so as to properly tailor the service experience to those guests.
- Check back with guests about each dish and beverage, as well as when beverages are in need of being refreshed.
- Maintain an honest and genuine repertoire with guests.
- Have a proficiency with Toast in order to ring in orders, course, fire, print and settle guest checks.
- Handle all dining equipment with care and respect.
- Maintain consistent and proactive communication with manager regarding guest experience in order to resolve any dissatisfactory elements.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all service team members, both front and back of the house.
- Act a personal concierge to guest to assist them with recommendations to other local establishments, as well as with accommodations at other One Off Hospitality properties.
- Always maintain a positive, and team-oriented, demeanor.
- Assist in housekeeping tasks when asked and follow direction.
- Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information and information on history of restaurant.
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and practices including health & safety, and loss prevention.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
List of Required Tools
- Order book
- Wine key
- High School Diploma or GED graduate.
- Serve Safe Certification required.
- Ability to handle stress under pressure.
- Ability to accurately exchange currency with the customers
- Ability to learn and use Toast to input data
- Ability to provide quality guest service.
- Willingness to maintain a clean, healthy, and safe working environment.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to freely access all areas of the restaurant including dining room floor, outside cafe, kitchen, prep area, washrooms, etc.
- Ability to be flexible with job demands and open minded when being asked to complete tasks.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the restaurant.
- Ability to move or handle equipment throughout the restaurant generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform and those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires employees to work in close quarters with other employees and/or guests which may result in physical, non-sexual contact with other employees and/or guests.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus. Tasting and smelling abilities are required occasionally to distinguish with a degree of accuracy, differences or similarities in intensity or quality of flavors and/or odors.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, and hot liquids. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of One Off Hospitality Group
Publican Anker is an homage to the early 20th century saloons and breweries that once comprised Chicago’s Wicker Park neighborhood. Our mission is to capture the spirit of those timeless establishments and translate it to guests in a way that feels storied and modern all at once.
With a menu focused on light, clean and rustic fare, Anker will serve as the perfect respite from the chaos of North, Milwaukee and Damen; a place where friends, coworkers and loved ones can gather for a quick bite, a special occasion or a full-on dining experience.