Café Altro Paradiso seeks an enthusiastic, experienced and passionate wine director to join our team.
Our wine program is Italian-focused with approximately 250 selections in addition to a full bar serving both classic- and house cocktails, craft beers and an array of aperitivi, amari, grappa and other spirits. Our menu features interpretations of regional Italian dishes utilizing both local and imported ingredients. Applicants must approach the position with a strong, existing foundation in wine theory. Additionally, potential hires will be highly-motivated team players with a positive attitude that excel in a fast-paced and convivial atmosphere.
- 2+ Years experience in New York City restaurants
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the diversity of Italy's wine regions
- Ability to motivate and educate staff
- Financial controls and costing
- Ordering and inventory management
- Exceptional communication skills
- Willingness to participate in and aptitude for all aspects of service
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Please provide references with updated contacts with your resume when responding.
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Commensurate on experience
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Matter House
From the owners of the critically-acclaimed restaurant Estela in Nolita comes this Italian restaurant with a long name. Café Altro Paradiso takes inspiration from most regions of Italy, and big windows that let in pleasant hues of light throughout the day and into the evening. The food at Altro aims to satisfy the everyday needs of New Yorkers, as well as visitors who want something truly of the city.