Make a meaningful impact as a Server with Marta!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future- and you can take it with you when you leave
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
- Access to Mentor Programs and Career Development advice to help you navigate your career options with us
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgement- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- Passion for creating memorable moments of hospitality for our guests
- 1-2 years full-service restaurant experience in a front of house position
- Strong communication skills to build trusting relationships with peers and guests
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
- A strong work ethic and a hunger to learn and grow
- A basic understanding of classic cookery, wine, beer, and cocktails
- Previous experience with restaurant point-of-sale (POS) systems
Ideally, You Also Have:
- 1 year full-service restaurant experience in a Server position
- Culinary and/or Beverage Degree/Certification(s)
- Hospitality Degree/Certification
Classic Food / Wine Service
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Food / Beverage Pairing
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Union Square Hospitality Group
The food at Marta is inspired by the tradition of rustic Roman pizzerie, the neighborhood haunts that churn out thin, crackly-crusted pizzas into the late hours of the evening. The restaurant will also celebrate the Italian tradition of cooking alle brace, or over embers, dedicating a section of the menu to daily specials – meats, fish and vegetables – all kissed by the fire. Additionally, no Roman-style pizzeria would be complete without salty fried snacks and a robust offering of seasonal salads. The beverage list will showcase Italian as well as local craft beers, along with thoughtfully selected wines and cocktails. Marta will be open continuously seven days a week, serving breakfast, lunch, dinner, and late night.
We offer medical, dental, vision, 401K, flex pay, life insurance, employee dining program and paid vacation. USHG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Follow the career path of Executive Chef and Partner, Nick Anderer: http://culinaryagents.com/career/timeline/nick-anderer