Make a meaningful impact as a Bartender with Maialino!
Founded by CEO Danny Meyer with the opening of Union Square Cafe in 1985, Union Square Hospitality Group has created some of New York’s most beloved restaurants, cafes, and bars such as Gramercy Tavern, Maialino, The Modern, Marta and Porchlight to name a few!
We are a Values-Driven Company that is committed to creating great work experiences for our people with lots of growth opportunities for advancement.
As an important member of our team, you’ll receive:
- Full Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Paid Time Off to support you in having an active life outside of work
- Paid Parental Leave (yes! even as an hourly employee!)
- Money to spend in our restaurants and a 20% discount (and we’ve won 28 James Beard awards)
- Discounts toward gym memberships, spas, transit passes and hotels – just to name a few…
- Matched 401(k) to help you invest in your future- and you can take it with you when you leave
- Access to more than 50 Learning and Development programs to support your growth & development
- Access to Mentor Programs and Career Development advice to help you navigate your career options with us
What You Bring to the Table
- Commitment to embodying our Family Values of :
- Integrity- Doing the right things always- using sound judgement- even when no one is looking
- Excellence- Doing what needs to be done, as well as it can possibly be done
- Hospitality- Doing all that can be done for others- and more than in expected- in thoughtful ways that let people know you are on their side
- Entrepreneurial Spirit- Seeing opportunities others haven’t-and creating opportunities others wish they’d thought of first
- A working knowledge of and the ability to execute recipes for cocktails and house-made ingredients such as syrups.
- An advanced understanding of wine, beer. classic cocktails, creative cocktails, mixology principles, and beverage pairing principles
- 1-2 years restaurant experience in a font of house or bar position
- Previous experience with restaurant point-of-sale (POS) systems
- A sense of urgency and strong work ethic to coordinate filling all guest orders with seamless service
- Strong communication skills to build trusting relationships with peers and guests
- The ability to stay positive and calm under pressure
- A warm, compassionate, and team-focused approach
- Open availability
Ideally, You Also Have:
- 1-2 years full-service restaurant experience in a Bartending role
- A general understanding of the proper steps of service required of all Front of House service positions
- Culinary and/or Beverage Degree/Certification(s)
- Hospitality Degree/Certification
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Expertise
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Food & Wine Pairings
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Union Square Hospitality Group
Maialino is a new Roman-style trattoria in Gramercy Park from Danny Meyer's Union Sqaure Hospitality Group, Located at the Gramercy Park Hotel. Serving lovingly prepared Roman-style cooking from executive Chef Nick Anderer.
The menu draws its inspiration from the classic dishes found thorughout rome and features fresh seasonal ingredients from the Greenmarket and local farms.
We offer medical, dental, vision, 401K, flex pay, life insurance, employee dining program and paid vacation. USHG provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Follow the career path of Executive Chef and Parter, Nick Anderer: http://culinaryagents.com/career/timeline/nick-anderer