Terrain Garden Cafe, part of the Urban Outfitters / Vetri Family brand, is currently looking for line cooks.
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, sauces and other food products, as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items, and preparing appropriate garnishes for all menu item plates.
● Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
● Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
● Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
● Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
● Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
● Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté́ burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
● Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
● Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
● Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
● Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
● Opens and closes their station properly and follows the opening and closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in opening and closing the kitchen.
● A minimum of 2 years of experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
● Culinary degree helpful, but not required.
● At least 6 months experience in a similar capacity.
● Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
● Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
● Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 12 hours).
● Must be able to follow printed recipes and plate specifications as directed by Chef
● Must maintain personal hygiene standards.
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Dough Making / Portioning