Take Chef Anthony Sasso, a 13-year veteran of Michelin-starred Casa Mono, put him at the helm of an Italian restaurant and you get Italian cuisine the way you might discover it while travelling across Spain.
Located on the Plaza Level of Chelsea’s storied Maritime Hotel, La Sirena's menu draws from the entire Italian Peninsula. The Dining Room ambiance speaks to an elegant, more traditional multi-course dining experience. The Bar Room represents a relaxed extension of The Dining Room, fitting if you're looking for snacks, a full meal, or you just want to dive head first into a bowl of pasta and call it a day. A menu of seasonal desserts by Pastry Chef Thea Habjanic ends every meal on a sweet note.
La Sirena is looking for SOMMELIER who are committed to creating an unforgettable dining experience for our guests, educate our staff and grow our business.
The Sommelier position is responsible for the development and management of the A’la Carte Wine Program including the Wine List. The Sommelier must have a great personality and be able to communicate with members and guests that might share different levels of wine knowledge and must be able to promote and grow the Wine Program.
Job knowledge and skills (but not limited to):
- 3+ years of experience in a similar role in a fine dining restaurant, NYC Michelin Star Restaurant is a plus; Sommelier Certification recommended;
- Must be passionate about wine;
- Must possess superior people skills;
- The ability to determine wine faults and maintain proper temperatures in order to showcase
- products at their maximum potential;
- A strong knowledge of food and beverage pairings;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Work with entire sommelier staff to educate staff; train team members in order to maximize their understanding of wine specific to their departments and proper service techniques including glassware, pour levels, storage, beverage pairings and the ability to understand guest preferences;
- Develop a training program for all team members to improve their knowledge of wine tasting and wine service;
- Work with all FOH staff to expedite and provide excellent service to all guests; assist members and guests during the lunch/dinner services with wine recommendations and selection for perfect pairing with their meal, decanting of the wine and wine service;
- Ensure that all wine is served in proper glassware and in proper condition;
- Maintain all beverage lists to be accurate, up to date and free of errors;
- Take part in monthly inventory;
- Receive and stock product; Must be able to repeatedly lift and move 50-pound boxes;
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or owner;
- Proper grooming and professional appearance.
This is a full-time position and compensation is based on experience.
We offer comprehensive benefits: medical, dental and vision are offered after 60 days of employment; Paid vacation time and 401K after one year of service; Commuter Benefits are available.
To know more about La Sirena, please visit our website at:
La Sirena is an equal opportunity employer.
comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, vision and 401K.
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Expertise
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of B&B Hospitality Group
Located in Chelsea’s storied Maritime Hotel, La Sirena offers two distinct dining experiences. In the barroom is the Spanish Tapas Bar where guests enjoy a food menu of small plates that pair well with cocktails and wine.
In the restaurant’s more formal Main Dining Room, we offer a Michelin-starred menu representative of the entire Italian Peninsula.
In the traditional Italian style, meals begin with antipasti, followed by pastas, then secondi.
The mastermind in the kitchen is Anthony Sasso, a 13-year veteran of Casa Mono. A menu of seasonal desserts by Pastry Chef Thea Habjanic end every meal on a sweet note.
For further information, please email [email protected] Please do not contact the Maritime Hotel directly.