Position Summary- A food runner is responsible for delivering food from the kitchen to the guests in a manner that is in accordance with the service standards of One Off Hospitality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- To be completely proficient with the food menu, not only in order to properly describe each dish that is brought to the table but to answer any guest inquiries regarding ingredients or concerns about allergies and dietary restrictions.
- To act as the liaison between the front of the house and the back of house through communication with the service staff members and the expeditor.
- To fulfill any guest requests that may arise as food is being delivered. If he/she is unable to fulfill that request personally, it is his/her responsibility to find another team member who can be of assistance.
- When delivering food, always providing a brief description of the dish—never dropping and dashing.
- Alerting guests of anything out of the ordinary with a dish—if something is exceptionally hot or providing directions about dishes that may require a unique means of going about their enjoyment.
- To be able to carry multiple plates and remember their precise destinations at one time.
- Always maintain a positive, and team-oriented, demeanor.
- Assist in housekeeping tasks when asked and follow direction.
- Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information and information on history of restaurant.
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and practices including health & safety, and loss prevention.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Diploma or GED graduate.
- Serve Safe Certification required.
- Ability to handle stress under pressure.
- Ability to provide quality guest service.
- Willingness to maintain a clean, healthy, and safe working environment.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to freely access all areas of the restaurant including dining room floor, outside cafe, kitchen, prep area, washrooms, etc.
- Ability to move quick and carefully in narrow and confined spaces.
- Ability to be flexible with job demands and open minded when being asked to complete tasks.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by staff to successfully perform and those staff encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualifying individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This position requires staff to work in close quarters with other staff and/or guests which may result in physical, non-sexual contact with other staff and/or guests.
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to talk or hear in a loud environment. The staff is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The staff may frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific sensory abilities required by this job include sight, taste, smell, and hearing
While performing the duties of this job, the staff is occasionally exposed to raw meat, moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, hazardous materials, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Staff will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of One Off Hospitality Group
BIG STAR WRIGLEY, opening spring 2018, is the second location of One Off Hospitality Group's Big Star: a bar and taqueria that pays homage to all-things whiskey, Mexican-inspired street food and honky tonk.
Drawing from the original Big Star location, Big Star Wrigley will feature an eclectic menu inspired by Mexican street food in a space that combines the electric energy of Chicago's north side with the honky-tonk charm of our Wicker Park space. The food, liquor and cocktail programs will change continuously to complement the seasons, and will always feature several beers on tap, as well as an ever-growing selection of our house-selected single barrel bourbons and whiskeys, picked by our own team members at distilleries in Kentucky.