Boka Restaurant Group, the company behind some of Chicago's top restaurants, is currently accepting resumes for a Catering Sales Manager for Boka Catering.
Boka Restaurant Group was founded by Rob Katz and Kevin Boehm in 2003 and has become one of the premier chef-driven restaurant groups in the country. Anchored by partnerships with -- Stephanie Izard, Giuseppe Tentori, Chris Pandel, Lee Wolen, Mark Hellyar and Jimmy Papadopoulos--BRG has 14 entities (and more forthcoming!) each of them crafted individually and conceptually unique.
If you feel you meet the below requirements, are a team player, experienced, passionate, and dedicated to your craft, we want to hear from you! Please respond with a copy of your resume AND a cover letter detailing why you'd be a great addition to our team! Please no phone calls.
General Description: The Boka Catering Sales Manager, is responsible for selling and growing Boka Catering by building and maintaining client and venue relationships. Responsible for fielding initial inquiries, conducting client consultations, creating customized proposals, and hosting tastings to secure event contracts. Including working closely with our Michelin-Starred chef, Giuseppe Tentori—Executive Chef of GT Fish & Oyster, GT Prime, and Boka Catering Group to create unique menus to meet the client’s preferences and vision. Once the client is booked, the Sales Manager will oversee all event elements with support staff, including updating proposals, placing rental and linen orders, attending walkthroughs and actual events, tracking all details, building BEO’s, and assisting in staff selection for the events to ensure that all events large and small are flawlessly executed to the high standards and reputation for which we are known. In this position it is imperative that to maintain a high level self-organization and professionalism, as punctual and efficient correspondence with clients—including noting any and all event details—is key to succeeding in this position.
Schedule: Schedule will vary based upon the catering events, tastings, and consultations. On days that there are no events, tastings or consultations, general schedule will be Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
Specific Tasks: The Boka Catering Sales Manager, is responsible for:
▪ Building the Boka Catering Sales by conducting outreach to build new relationships with clients as well as identifying and achieving strategic partnerships with venues and vendors.
▪ Maintaining the strong relationships with our current clients and venues, by responding to all emails within 24 hours, answering all questions thoroughly and thoughtfully, paying close attention to the details of their particular requests and executing those requests in a timely fashion, sending thank-you’s with personal touches after events, and always being as accommodating and hospitable as possible.
▪ Responding to initial inquiries within 24 hours, following up on those inquiries, and recording all client/event details in the Boka Catering Event Tracking Form.
▪ Facilitating client consultations, ideally in-person (based on the client’s preference), taking extremely detailed notes during the consultation, listening diligently to the client’s needs and preferences, providing suggestions and guidance to meeting their needs, and sending consultation notes to Chef Tentori for menu production.
▪ Consulting with Chef Tentori to design specialized menus to meet each client’s vision, while maintaining the quality and execution standards of Boka Catering.
▪ Creating personalized, detail-orientated event proposals for each client, using Boka Catering’s existing proposal templates with menus designed by Chef Tentori and pricing approved by the Executive Director.
▪ Hosting tastings with prospective clients by helping them select items from their proposal to taste, coordinating rentals and linens for the tastings, submitting the tasting menu to the kitchen and catering team a week in advance, recording any decisions made during the tasting, and following up with the clients after the tasting with an updated proposal to solidify the booked event.
▪ Acting as the primary contact for the clients once they have booked, updating their proposals with developing event details, joining them on site visits, meeting with them to answer any questions or review event details, coordinating with other vendors on the event, and collecting payments before deadlines.
▪ Preparing for the event date by creating BEO’s, assisting in selecting staffing for the event, preparing any specialty items (i.e. place cards, signage, etc.), and placing orders through outside vendors such as flower, linen, and rental companies in order to create a full service event sector that is able to meet each client's particular needs. All specialty requests from client's should be accommodated, unless absolutely impossible.
▪ Setting both yearly and event-based financial goals and working towards meeting those goals at all times.
▪ Building new systems and procedures, with approval from the Executive Director, to continue to improve the growth, efficiencies, strategies, and structures of Boka Catering.
▪ Attending events, assisting to oversee setup and execution of the event, ensuring all details exceed the client’s expectations.