The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group is currently hiring Bartenders for its newest location West Town Bakery and Tap, located across from Wrigley Field at the entrance of the Hotel Zachary (3626 N Clark St, Chicago, IL 60613). We are seeking fun and friendly candidates that enjoy being around people, working in a fast-paced environment and with a supportive management team.
West Town Bakery and Tap will be a visually kinetic and vibrant space serving up local Dark Matter Coffee, our own freshly baked pastries and savory items. In addition, we will be offering unique cocktails, spiked milkshakes and draft beer. It’s a fun place to work and an even better place to start a career!
A Bartender will be in charge of his or her section behind the bar, pouring draft beer and cocktails all while creating a lively environment for our guests.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Greet and spiel guests at the bar in a warm and pleasant manner
- Recognize and become acquainted with regulars, while actively creating new ones
- Take food and beverage orders from guests and complete order tickets
- Prepare alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks consistent with our standard drink recipes
- Record drink orders accurately and immediately enter into POS
- Accept guest payment, process credit card charges and make change (if applicable)
- Prep, clean and cut garnishes for cocktails
- Clear and reset tables in bar area as needed
- Present drink menus, make recommendations and answer questions regarding beverages and food
- Maintain cleanliness in all areas of the bar including counters, sinks, utensils, shelves and storage areas
- Wash and polish glassware
- Maintain organization according to the bar policies and procedures
- Receive and serve food orders to guests seated at the bar
- Assist the restocking and replenishment of bar inventory and supplies
- Prepare and serve espresso, coffee and tea drinks consistent with our standard drink recipes
- Be able to be a team player and simultaneously be a self-starter
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Comply with health and food safety standards, restocking items, cleaning tasks
- Operating the cash register, answering the phone, providing great customer service, and following Fifty/50 Restaurant Group policies & procedures
- Ability to stand/walk a minimum of 8 hours or as needed.
- Ability to exert well-paced and frequent mobility for periods of 8 hours or as needed.
- Be able to lift up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Will frequently reach, feel, bend, stoop, carry, finely manipulate and key in data
- Work in both warm and cool environments
- High levels of noise from music, customer and employee traffic
- Must be able to tolerate potential allergens: peanut products, egg, dairy, gluten, soy, seafood and shellfish, etc
Qualifications, Education and Behavior
- At least 21 years old
- Have a minimum of 1 years bartending experience
- Have required BASSET and Food Handlers’ Certifications
- Barista/Coffee experience highly preferred
- Ability to work quickly while maintaining safety standards and procedures
- Ability to properly handle a knife, confidently
- Active social media presence
- Ability to work during holidays, weekends, late nights, AM and PM Cubs Games and Wrigley Field concerts
- Ability to work consistent schedule at least 4 days per week
- Reliable transportation to and from work
About The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group:
Formed in 2008, The Fifty/50 Restaurant Group is an independent company made up of hardworking, talented restaurant professionals. We have 14 restaurants and bars with more on the way. We offer subsidized health insurance, dental insurance, 401K, employee discounts, paid parental leave, and plenty of other benefits and perks to qualified employees. We appreciate talent and reward hard work. To learn more about our concepts, visit www.thefifty50group.com
Location Description: West Town Bakery and Tap (3626 N Clark, Chicago, IL 60613) opening April 2nd, 2018 located on Clark St. a half block from Addison St. at the entrance of the Hotel Zachary, across from Wrigley Field.
Ability To Lift 40+ Lbs
Basic Floor Service
Classic Wine Service Knowledge
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Classic Food / Wine Service