Flora Bar is seeking an experienced Service Director.
The ideal candidate is passionate about food and service, energetic, comfortable in a fast-paced environment and determined to provide guests with an excellent dining experience.
Ensure excellent direction in the standards and practices of service at Flora Bar.
- Drive service standards for all Front of House positions.
- Appropriately and effectively schedule all service and support team staff according to team and business needs.
- Ensure excellent service is provided for all guests
Ensure high performance and profitability while maintaining overall excellence & hospitality throughout each day’s specific service periods.
- Effectively open physical operation/close physical operation.
- Ensure excellent maintenance and cleanliness of the dining room at all times.
- Organize and complete the administrative set up and break down of service (including but not limited to: creation of floor plans, menus, employee check in, employee cash outs, bank close out etc.)
- Ensure all menus are accurate and up to date at all times.
- Maintain effective & timely communication to all FOH/BOH and team members.
- Maintain positive working relationship with kitchen leaders and line staff throughout service periods.
- Continuously provide support to all service staff and actively participate in services as needed.
Requirements and Skills:
- At least 3 years' management experience in hospitality & fine dining
- Excellent food and beverage knowledge
- Problem solving & delegation
- Initiative & follow through
- Excellent verbal & written communication
- Attention to detail
We offer medical, dental, vision, commuter benefits, and an employee discount dining program.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Matter House
Restaurateur Thomas Carter and chef Ignacio Mattos, the partners behind estela and Café Altro Paradiso, opened Flora Bar and Flora Coffee at The Met Breuer in Fall 2016. Flora Bar takes inspiration from lively, approachable restaurants in New York and Europe and is open beyond museum hours. The menu emphasizes seafood and vegetables and strives to be tasty and playful. You can stop in for a full dinner, a small bite or a drink at the long bar.
Carter, Mattos, and their Matter House team aim to create an atmosphere of accessibility and fun similar to what they’ve cultivated downtown. The partnership with the museum came about from The Met’s desire to bring the Estela team’s light and ethereal tone—and perhaps foremost its sensitivity to the setting and location of a space—to the iconic Breuer building.