Hey Chicago, Big Star Wrigleyville is looking for servers!
Position Summary- A server is responsible for executing food and beverage service throughout the majority of the guest dining experience that is in accordance with the service standards set forth by One Off Hospitality
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet guests in a warm, friendly, professional and timely manner. All guests should be greeted within 2 minutes of being seated.
- Provide water service if necessary.
- To be fluent in all menus, both food and beverage.
- Walk guests through menu to answer any questions and assist with any necessary accommodations for allergies and dietary restrictions.
- Listen intently to guests and be aware of body language so as to properly tailor the service experience to those guests.
- Check back with guests about each dish and beverage, as well as when beverages are in need of being refreshed.
- Assist in offering bread service, clearing and resetting when necessary.
- Maintain an honest and genuine repertoire with guests.
- Have a proficiency with Aloha in order to ring in orders, course, fire, print and settle guest checks.
- Handle all dining equipment with care and respect.
- Maintain consistent and proactive communication with manager regarding guest experience in order to resolve any dissatisfactory elements.
- Communicate effectively and respectfully with all service team members, both front and back of the house.
- Act a personal concierge to guest to assist them with recommendations to other local establishments, as well as with accommodations at other One Off Hospitality properties.
- Always maintain a positive, and team-oriented, demeanor.
- Assist in housekeeping tasks when asked and follow direction.
- Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information and information on history of restaurant.
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and practices including health & safety, and loss prevention.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
List of Required Tools
- Order book
- Wine key
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Diploma or GED graduate.
- Serve Safe Certification required.
- Basset Certification required.
- Ability to handle stress under pressure.
- Ability to accurately exchange currency with the customers
- Ability to learn and use POS to input data
- Ability to provide quality guest service.
- Willingness to maintain a clean, healthy, and safe working environment.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to freely access all areas of the restaurant including dining room floor, outside cafe, kitchen, prep area, washrooms, etc.
- Ability to move quick and carefully in narrow and confined spaces.
- Ability to be flexible with job demands and open minded when being asked to complete tasks.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the restaurant.
- Ability to move or handle equipment throughout the restaurant generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
The description of the physical demands and the work environment characteristics here represent those that must be met by staff to successfully perform and those staff encounter while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualifying individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position.
This position requires staff to work in close quarters with other staff and/or guests which may result in physical, non-sexual contact with other staff and/or guests.
While performing the duties of this job, staff is regularly required to talk or hear in a loud environment. The staff is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The staff may frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds or more. Specific sensory abilities required by this job include sight, taste, smell, and hearing
While performing the duties of this job, the staff is occasionally exposed to raw meat, moving mechanical parts, airborne particles, hazardous materials, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is moderate to loud.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Staff will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Hourly plus tips
Basic Floor Service
Craft Cocktail knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of One Off Hospitality Group
BIG STAR WRIGLEY, opening spring 2018, is the second location of One Off Hospitality Group's Big Star: a bar and taqueria that pays homage to all-things whiskey, Mexican-inspired street food and honky tonk.
Drawing from the original Big Star location, Big Star Wrigley will feature an eclectic menu inspired by Mexican street food in a space that combines the electric energy of Chicago's north side with the honky-tonk charm of our Wicker Park space. The food, liquor and cocktail programs will change continuously to complement the seasons, and will always feature several beers on tap, as well as an ever-growing selection of our house-selected single barrel bourbons and whiskeys, picked by our own team members at distilleries in Kentucky.