TITLE: Events Coordinator
LOCATIONS: The Publican, Publican Quality Meats and Publican Anker
REPORTS TO: Private Events Manager & Catering Manager; Vice President of Operations
FLSA: Non- Exempt
Position Summary- an Events Coordinator works closely with Private Events and Catering Managers in fielding inquiries, communicating with guests, detailing event BEOs and completing event follow up/wrap up. In addition, the Events Coordinator will have opportunities to work various onsite and offsite events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities-The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Correspond via email and telephone with potential and existing guests, maintaining warm, friendly and professional demeanor at all times
- When Managers are unavailable, greet guests at the start of their event
- Field event inquiries and assist with drawing up contracts & proposals
- Update all calendars and maintain consistent communication with all Managers regarding availability
- Create menus and signage for all events
- Distribute event BEOs to the kitchen and restaurant FOH team on a daily basis
- Work closely with Chef de Cuisines, Sous Chefs and Beverage Directors to maintain understanding and knowledge of all offerings as they change seasonally
- Under the direction of the Events/Catering Managers, oversee events when necessary in order to ensure that all service standards are carried out for impeccable food, beverage and guest accommodation
- Assist in event follow-up with financial reporting, invoicing and thank-you notes
- Promote private dining spaces and catering through social media, update website and intercompany outlets
- Maintain composure and positivity when under pressure
- Exercise punctuality in all daily operations, meetings, site visits and events
- Work alongside of the entirety of the PQM team—FOH/BOH managers and hourly team members—and always maintain a positive, professional and team-oriented demeanor while in the restaurant space
- Assist in housekeeping tasks when asked and follow direction
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and practices including health & safety, and loss prevention
- Any other duties as assigned by management
Additional Responsibilities as it relates to catering events:
- Assist with packing and load out for offsite events
- Order food, beverage and supplies needed for each event (both internally & externally)
- Acquire and confirm staffing for each event with One Off Hospitality team members, staffing agency
- Serve as Event Supervisor at catering events:
- lead communication with the guest
- maintain positive relationships with all other event vendors
- lead offsite teams through service by holding pre-shift meeting, maintaining professional communication with team members, managing pre-determined shift hours
- adhere to guest-approved timeline
- complete event load out; check out with venue manager; complete all closing tasks at venue
- load supplies back into Publican Quality Meats; stock supplies to set the restaurant up for success for next service.
- Assist with maintaining beverage and dry goods inventory
- Maintain current driver’s license
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High school diploma, GED certificate, or demonstration of sufficient reading and math skills to read manuals and prepare computer reports as required; hospitality and restaurant management certification or college degree preferred.
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure.
- Ability to provide exceptional guest service.
- Strong communication and follow through skills; confident on telephone.
- Willingness to maintain a clean, healthy, and safe working environment.
- Ability to learn and use company computer to input data.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities with attention to detail.
- High organization skills and a penchant for time management.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Willingness to work mornings, evenings and weekends as required.
- Must be Serv Safe certified with 90 days of hire.
Event Management / Organization
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Marketing / PR
Other jobs you might be interested in
Casual Dining, Butcher Shop, Markets
Part of One Off Hospitality Group
Publican Quality Meats is a unique restaurant concept that combines simple elements that answer the call of an awaiting market. This Contemporary American Butcher Shop is the vision of four acclaimed Chicago restaurateurs: Chef Paul Kahan, Donnie Madia, Terry Alexander, and Eduard Seitan.
The 32-seat dining area makes Publican Quality Meats the perfect place for large group dinners or intimate cocktail gatherings. Each event is personalized to meet the individual needs of all guests, with menus crafted from local, seasonal ingredients and beverages sourced from producers that are deemed as the best in their trade.