Boka Restaurant Group, the company behind some of Chicago's top restaurants, is currently accepting resumes for a Private Event Director.
Boka Restaurant Group was founded by Rob Katz and Kevin Boehm in 2003 and has become one of the premier chef-driven restaurant groups in the country. Anchored by partnerships with -- Stephanie Izard, Giuseppe Tentori, Chris Pandel, Lee Wolen, Mark Hellyar and Jimmy Papadopoulos--BRG has 14 entities (and more forthcoming!) each of them crafted individually and conceptually unique.
If you feel you meet the below requirements, are a team player, experienced, passionate, and dedicated to your craft, we want to hear from you! Please respond with a copy of your resume AND a cover letter detailing why you'd be a great addition to our team! Please no phone calls.
As the Private Events Director, you will have the dynamic position of managing private events at a BOKA group restaurant. Compensation is a base salary plus commission on sales.You will report directly to the Director of Sales & Marketing and restaurant General Manager.
The Private Events Director is responsible for generating new sales by prospecting for new clients, negotiating contracts for events, and partnering with the front and back of the house staff to ensure a successful guest experience. Duties also include: conducting sales calls and site visits, sending out and following up on proposals, menus and developing new ways to promote the restaurant's private dining space.
SCHEDULE: 5 Days a week, Monday - Friday 9 AM - 6 PM with evenings and weekends as needed based on event schedule and restaurant needs. Schedule will vary based upon event schedule.
SPECIFIC TASKS: As the Private Events Director, you will be responsible for:
- Receiving all events inquiries and conducting all correspondence with prospective and confirmed clients.
- Private Events Director is responsible for meeting and/or exceeding budgeted sales for the private dining room space.
- Acting as the liaison between the client and the head staff to accurately communicate all pertinent details and information correlating to that event, ensuring all parties involved are clear on all event components.
- Developing new business relationships and opportunities to increase private event sales.
- Entertaining perspective clients 2 – 3 times per week.
- Overseeing and managing at events taking place within the PDR.
- Working with the management team to develop standard operating procedures for private events held in the PDR and facilitating any systems to be put in place at this new location.
- Participating in weekly manager meetings to review all pertinent details regarding all up-coming events and catering at the related entities.
- Personally involving yourself in developing and creating specialty items pertaining to each particular event, such as the printing of any menus and place-cards, along with any other details designed to make the event completely unique.
- Working with outside vendors such as flower, linen and rental companies in order to create a full service event sector that is able to meet each client's particular needs. All specialty requests from client's should be accommodated, unless absolutely impossible.
Competitive salary and dining incentive, vacation and benefits package
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Boka Restaurant Group
Boka Restaurant Group was founded by Rob Katz and Kevin Boehm in 2003 and has become one of the premier chef-driven restaurant groups in the country. Anchored by partnerships with six of America's greatest chefs—Stephanie Izard, Paul Virant, Giuseppe Tentori, Chris Pandel, Lee Wolen, and Mark Hellyar—BRG has 13 entities, each of them crafted individually and conceptually unique.