minibar by José Andrés, a two Michelin star restaurant in Washington, DC, is a study in avant-garde cooking and one of the nation’s most exciting dining experiences. An imaginative menu offered in an intimate setting, the creations combine art and science as well as tradition and technique. As the center of culinary research and development for ThinkFoodGroup, minibar is also the creative testing ground for all of José’s concepts and projects.
As a cook, you will be exposed to an extended curriculum including culinary research projects and rotation through all minibar stations. Stations include Production Kitchen, Service Kitchen, Family Meal Project, Beverage, and Pastry. This is an extraordinary opportunity to take your training and skills to the next level.
• 2-3 years experience, or a recent graduate from a leading culinary arts program
• Previous fine dining experience, especially in a Michelin rated restaurant, is a plus
• Superior written and verbal communication ability
• Competitive Pay with industry leading benefits
• Access to Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, and even insurance for your pets
• 50% off food at ThinkFoodGroup restaurants
• Education Assistance/Tuition Reimbursement
• Career Advancement opportunities
Advanced Knife Handling
Show Piece Work
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of José Andrés ThinkFoodGroup
minibar by José Andrés is a study in avant-garde cooking and one of the nation's most exciting dining experiences. An imaginative menu offered in an intimate setting, the creations combine art and science as well as tradition and technique. Here you will be taken on a culinary journey. Each bite is designed to thrill the senses by pushing the limits of what we have come to expect, and what is possible from food.
Now introducing barmini, José's culinary cocktail lab in the space adjoining minibar. More than one hundred artisan cocktails are crafted and served with the same care and attention to detail as the dishes at minibar.
As the center of culinary research and development for ThinkFoodGroup, minibar is also the creative testing ground for all of José's concepts and projects. Working alongside José for more than six years, Chef Ruben García leads the Research and Development team with Chef Aitor Lozano, both alumnae of elBullí.