BUB CITY is hiring COOKS for our KITCHEN team!
- 1 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- FULL-TIME POSITIONS AVAILABLE
- Shifts: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Weekends, Sundays
BBQ, Whiskey and the Best of Country Music: Live music, authentic BBQ, genuine hospitality and over 125 whiskeys - right in downtown Chicago
Cooks are responsible for the preparation, production and presentation of all menu items. EOE. E-Verify.
Caring. Creative. Careers.
Join the Lettuce Entertain You family! Our 100+ restaurants are nationally recognized for great food and service and as great places to work. We hire and care deeply for people with creativity, passion and the drive to be the best. And we reward our teams with top notch benefits, career-long training and development and opportunities for growth.
Is this you?
- You take care of yourself. (Energy and stamina. You’ll need both.)
- You care for others. (Teamwork and success. They are one and the same.)
- You care about guests. (Quality. The bar is high.)
If you want a career at a progressive company with a long-standing commitment to people, join our caring and creative team.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Get along with others and be a team player
- Prepare menu items and necessary ingredients according to prescribed recipes and/or special requests and presentations
- Follow all prescribed portioning controls and maintain food safety and quality standards
- Correctly read and use a thermometer
- Communicate any food delays or issues to Coordinator
- Maintain menu item counts and communicate to management and service staff when quantities fall below restaurant specific minimum quantity
- Accurately account for all items coming out of their station
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation (including handwashing) guidelines and procedures
- Be proficient in the use and operation of all necessary tools and equipment
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Perform more than one task at a time, calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature level
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Be able to stand and walk for an entire shift, including moving safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces
- Accessibility varies by location
We offer benefits including health and other insurance options to qualified employees, dining discounts, flexible schedules, a supportive company culture and more.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bar / Lounge, Casual Dining
Bub City: BBQ, Beer, Bourbon and the Best of Country Music
RJ, Jerrod and Molly Melman, in conjunction with Chef/Partner Doug Psaltis, have created their own destination for country music lovers to enjoy a cocktail, grab American-style food and have some fun.
With a nod to its roots as one of the city’s most beloved spots in the early 90’s, Psaltis created Bub City's new menu with a focus on authentic barbecue. Signature items include 18 hour Beef Brisket, Burnt Ends, Baby Back Ribs, Carolina Style Pulled Pork and Fried Chicken. Large groups can enjoy the “Whole Pork Picnic” featuring Slow-Smoked Pork Shoulder served with four sides.
Guests can enjoy starters such as “Giddy Up Fries,” Truckstop Cheese and Crakers, TNT Taquitos, Famous Fried Pickles, as well as variety of sandwiches. Southern-inspired side dishes such as: Sweet Potato Fluff, Buffalo Tots, Corn Off The Cob and three takes on Mac and Cheese round out the menu.
The weekend brings an impressive selection of brunch BBQ staples including Biscuits and Gravy, Beef Brisket Benedict, and Fried Chicken & Waffles, as well as a bevy of Hash Browns, and Cinnamon Sticky Buns. An extensive Bloody Mary bar is the perfect complement to any meal.
Bub City boasts a bar offering more than 125 selections from well-known and independent distilleries throughout the country.
With Joe’s on Weed Street partners Ed Warm and Tom DeSanto in the mix, there is more to enjoy than just great food and drink. Guests can expect to see some of country music’s emerging talent featured on the venue’s 16-foot stage positioned at the center of the 4,500-square-foot space. The duo behind the city’s most popular country destination is already planning for some of country music’s biggest stars to stop by while on tour.
EOE. We participate in E-Verify.