The Smith is a casual neighborhood Brasserie with a simple mission: make people happy. We are passionate about taking great care of our employees, our guests, and our community. We are obsessed with building a positive, empowering, and supportive culture. By working closely with local farmers and purveyors that we trust, The Smith serves delicious food and drinks people crave. The menu features bistro classics, seasonal fare, and craft cocktails. Its signature lively atmosphere makes The Smith a versatile setting for an after-work bite, drinks on the town, a birthday bash, a working lunch, a boozy brunch, or an I-don't-want-to-cook-tonight night.
The Role: Manager
Corner Table Restaurants is looking for a Manager to join our team at The Smith. The Smith serves breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner featuring a selection of farm fresh, familiar and creative bistro dishes using local, natural and sustainable ingredient.
The Floor Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
-Building a capable and confident team and develop them to manage a great restaurant.
- Oversee and ensure all company systems and policies are maintained.
- Responsible for all controllable costs including labor, food, beverage and supplies.
- Uphold company food safety, food handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of our guests and team members.
- Enforce & Maintain all labor laws and practices.
- Complete regular performance reviews and provide frequent feedback.
- Assist in the execution of forecasting and budgeting.
- Must exemplify the highest standards in honesty, integrity and leadership.
- The candidate should be highly confident in his/her abilities and be detail-oriented.
- Proven team player and have excellent communication skills.
- Genuinely getting joy out of making people happy, being able to have fun, having a sense of humor and enjoyment of working in the hospitality world.
- Love and passion for the guest.
- Food and Beverage knowledge.
- Willingness to go above and beyond to please guests.
- Proficient in Excel and Microsoft Word
- Two years of full service restaurant experience
What we offer:
• Competitive Pay
• Comprehensive Benefits Package (Vision, Dental, & Medical, & FSA)
• Commuter Discounts
• Gym Discounts
• Discretionary Bonuses
• Company paid Life Insurance
• Tremendous Growth Opportunities
Bonus, Benefits, & Insurance
Classic Food / Wine Service
Event Management / Organization
Experience in a High Volume Environment
Food / Beverage Pairing
OpenTable or other
Staff Management of 75