Accounting Office Manager – Boka Restaurant Group
General Description: As the Accounting Office Manager at Boka Restaurant Group, you will report directly to the Controller, and will be working closely under the entire Accounting Team. You will be responsible for general office duties and ensuring all office needs are met.
Previous experience in an accounting office and/or in the hospitality industry, required. Accounting degree and Microsoft Great Plains knowledge is a plus.
Schedule Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm
Specific Tasks: As the Accounting Office Manager at Boka Restaurant Group, you will be responsible for:
- Answering and directing phone calls, recording and relaying messages (daily)
- Scanning, copying, faxing, and e-mailing requested documents (as needed)
- Data entry (as needed)
- Depositing checks via online system (weekly)
- Maintaining office cleanliness and organization; including file systems and office storage (daily)
- Maintaining office equipment: printers, postage meter, shredder, etc. (as needed)
- Updating office calendar (monthly)
- Facilitating weekly inventory and ordering of office supplies and check stock (weekly)
- Assisting Accounts Payable Department with check runs, accurately organizing invoices with their corresponding payments, maintaining file organization and month-end closings (weekly/monthly)
- Assisting Staff Accountants with daily sales, petty cash, internal transfers, payroll, month-end closing, and other projects (as needed)
- Assisting Donation Program and gift card trade (weekly)
Expectations: The Accounting Office Manager at Boka Restaurant Group is expected to be:
- Hospitable: We are known for exceptional customer service in all of our pursuits, and it is your job to uphold these high standards, and to find ways to go above and beyond the client's expectations.
- Positive, Personable, and Professional. As we all work closely together, we always want to bring positive energy to the group. It is important to clearly, politely, directly and effectively communicate with your staff, fellow managers, corporate management, and guests.
- Flexible. This is of utmost importance, as the restaurant industry can be very unpredictable. Be willing to do what is asked of you if it benefits the Group as a whole, even if it isn’t exactly outlined in this job description or your expected schedule.
- Accountable and Responsible. We hold each other accountable to follow through on all commitments with a sense of urgency and consistency. It is important to be accountable for your actions and to hold others accountable for theirs. As a manager, you lead by example, and being punctual, responsible, and consistent with your work ethic and personality will ensure success for you and your team.
- Solution Orientated. We work in an extremely fast-paced environment and many aspects of our careers require quick thinking and the ability to manage many things at once. Should any problems arise in any facet of your work, you should be able to identify the problem and offer thoughtful, achievable, and appropriate solutions. Having the ability to prioritize the many tasks you are responsible and complete them in order of importance and with keen attention to detail on all aspects is key.
- Ambitious and Self Aware. There may not be supervision or direction available at all times, so we expect you to maintain high standards for yourself without needing to be told. We look for employees who know their self-worth and are excited about their career day in and day out. It is important to continually push yourself forward by constantly learning, seeking to improve, and never resting on your laurels. It is also important that you are able to receive feedback—both positive and constructive criticism—in order to succeed, grow, and develop within your roll and continue to move forward within the company.
- An Ambassador of BRG. Perhaps most importantly, we expect all staff of Boka Restaurant Group, regardless of position, to be professional, courteous, and respectful of all other restaurants in the industry. As a Boka Restaurant Group employee, be mindful of your actions in public and know that you are representing our brand whether you’re on the clock or not.
Boka Restaurant Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Accounting / Bookkeeping
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Boka Restaurant Group
Boka Restaurant Group was founded by Rob Katz and Kevin Boehm in 2003 and has become one of the premier chef-driven restaurant groups in the country. Anchored by partnerships with six of America's greatest chefs—Stephanie Izard, Paul Virant, Giuseppe Tentori, Chris Pandel, Lee Wolen, and Mark Hellyar—BRG has 13 entities, each of them crafted individually and conceptually unique.