Eno Floor Manager - InterContinental Hotel
Michael Jordan’s GM and Beverage Director
Under the direction of the Michael Jordan’s General Manager or his/her delegate, and within the limits of established IHG Policies and Procedures, manages all aspects of ENO.
- Reports to the Michael Jordan’s Steak House General Manager and Beverage Director
- Provides direction to ENO employees.
- Communicates, coordinates and cooperates with other division/department/section heads.
- Interacts with individuals outside the hotel including, but not limited to, clients, suppliers, competitors and other members of the local community.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages Floor operations of ENO/section service to achieve the optimum departmental profit.
- Manages all floor operations of the ENO/section operation to achieve the optimum quality level of service.
- Controls and analyzes, on an on-going basis, the level of the following:
- Quality and presentation of food and beverage products
- Service standard
- Condition and cleanliness of facilities and equipment
- Quality of entertainment
- Guest satisfaction
- Establishes and maintains effective employee and inter-departmental working relationships.
- Conducts daily briefings and other meetings as needed to obtain optimal results.
- Participates in service as necessary in accordance with the requirements and practices of the ENO/section
- Handles administrative works and keeps up-dated files on the following ENO matters:
- Assists the Beverage Director in setting goals and developing strategies, procedures and policies for ENO
- Monitors the stocks of all food, beverage, material and equipment and ensures that service requirements are met.
- Monitors local competitors and compare their operation with similar operations
- Keeps aware of trends, systems, practices and equipment in food and beverage through trade literature, hotel show and site visits.
- At IHG we are committed to providing our employees with a safe, secure and healthy workplace. It is your responsibility to comply with all workplace health and safety requirements, including any department specific training regarding equipment and procedures.
- Performs related duties and special projects as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent vocational training.
- Certificates from previous employers/ college.
- Previous experience in this position at a similar establishment.
- Food Hygiene awareness
- Extensive Knowledge or wine, cheese and chocolate
- Ability to communicate in English with guests, co –workers and Management, to their understanding.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to provide legible communication.
- Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, delegate work and follow through.
- Ability to be a clear thinker remains calm and resolves problems using sound judgment.
- Ability to work under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for guests and fellow workers.
- Ability to aid in the transportation of all work equipment and produce pertinent.
- To carry out the job.
- Ability to work an 8-hr shift in all types of conditions pertinent to the job.
- Ability to work with all products and equipment prescribed.
- Ability to differentiate Dates.
- Ability to supervise train and direct employees, giving correction when needed.
- Ability to comprehend instructions.
- Ability to plan and aid in the execution of promotions
- Ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Ability to motivate staff and maintain a cohesive team.
- Culinary School experience with qualifications.
- Previous Management experience.
- Ability to communicate in a second language.
- Food Hygiene certificate.
- Wine training certification
- First aid awareness.
- TIPS Certified
The statements in this job description are intended to describe the essential nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be ALL responsibilities or qualifications of the job.
Health, Dental, Vision, 401K Hotel discount
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Cornerstone Restaurant Group
With locations in Chicago, New York and Connecticut, the Michael Jordan Steak House brand embodies the quality and distinction its name suggests. With warm, friendly service, critically acclaimed fare and stunning décor, the contemporary steak house is not satisfied with good; similar to its namesake, it has a penchant for perfection, striving for the best. Simply put, it's excellence served daily.