Eleven Madison Park is a three Michelin-starred restaurant led by Chef Daniel Humm and Will Guidara featuring a thoughtful, multi-course menu inspired by local and seasonal ingredients.
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Sous Chef to inspire, lead, and manage our kitchen team. The ideal candidate has a commitment to excellence and a desire to learn and grow.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Oversee food production at all stations, assisting line cooks, as needed
- Collaborate with the Chef de Cuisine on menu development
- Ensure that company procedures and standards are met
- Assist with managing cost control
- Manage line cooks and prep teams, including training, coaching, and disciplining
Requirements for Success:
- Advanced and accurate knife skills
- Ability to read and follow recipes and standards
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Capability to teach and mentor others
- Experience with a variety of cooking styles and techniques
- Ability to adapt and make decisions quickly in a fast-paced environment
- 2+ years Michelin-star restaurant experience required
- 2+ years management experience required
This is an amazing opportunity to be a part of our team and grow with us!
At Make it Nice, our company culture supports the growth and development of our employees, and provides opportunities for education and advancement. We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including medical/dental/vision insurance, flexible spending accounts, 401k, commuter benefits, and paid time off after a required waiting period.
Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401k, Paid Time Off, and Employee Meals after a required waiting period
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Food Cost Optimization
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Make it Nice
Eleven Madison Park is a fine-dining restaurant driven by a commitment to serve the most delicious food with the most gracious hospitality. We feature a thoughtful multi-course menu, inspired by local and seasonal ingredients. Led by Chef Daniel Humm and Co-Owner Will Guidara, the kitchen and dining room teams work together to create one-of-a-kind experiences for our guests. We are proud to have been awarded four stars from The New York Times, three Michelin stars, 2016 James Beard for Outstanding Service, the Ferrari Trento Art of Hospitality Award, and have been named the best restaurant in North America and No. 1 in the world on the World’s 50 Best Restaurant List.
As a part of Make it Nice, employees at Eleven Madison Park are given an opportunity to discover and pursue their passion while learning and challenging themselves. Our team is made up of diverse people committed to collaboration, contribution and excellence.
Follow the career path of Chef de Cuisine, Chris Flint: http://culinaryagents.com/career/timeline/chris-flint