- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends
- Get along with others and be a team player
- Be genuinely committed to ensuring that the overall guest experience exceeds expectations, including greeting guests with a warm, sincere smile and anticipating their needs
- Use tact and good judgment when dealing with guest challenges, responding to guest needs with patience and courtesy
- Follow all steps of service
- Assist with clearing, cleaning and resetting tables, check and maintain restrooms
- Sell and accurately account for gift cards
- Understand and follow the food allergy procedure and special orders/restrictions
- Comply with all safety and sanitation (including handwashing) guidelines and procedures
- Be proficient in the use and operation of all necessary tools and equipment, including the reservation, telephone, paging and voicemail systems, and phone etiquette and message guidelines
- Successfully complete alcohol awareness training
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment, including those outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Other duties will be assigned as needed
- Safely and effectively move chairs, tables, highchairs and booster seats
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction
- Perform more than one task at a time, calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Safely and effectively use and operate all necessary tools and equipment
- Stand and walk for an entire shift, including moving safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may
- include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces
- Accessibility varies by location
We offer benefits including health and other insurance options to qualified employees, dining discounts, flexible schedules, a supportive company culture and more.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Formento's is a B. Hospitality Co. restaurant located in the Fulton Market District within Chicago’s bustling West Loop.
Formento’s is an Italian restaurant steeped with traditional family recipes that originate in Southern Italy. Created as a nod to the co-owner’s grandmother, “Nonna Formento,” guests will experience an array of Southern-Italian dishes, with fresh and bright flavors, created by Executive Chef/Partner, Todd Stein.
The world-class wine menu, curated by Alex Augustine, offers guests more than 600 varietals from around world. At Formento’s, new world culinary creativity marries with generations past.
For more about the team at B. Hospitality Co., visit us online at bhospitalityco.com. We are the team behind The Bristol, Balena, Formento's, Nonna's, Swift & Sons and Cold Storage.