At Metropolitan Hospitality Group, we take pride in living our mission statement each day—
IT STARTS WITH ME | It starts with each one of us, every day.
IT TAKES A TEAM | Our teams are the heart of our company, and we are committed to each other’s growth and development.
WE HONOR OUR GUESTS | We strive to create warm, thoughtful, memorable experiences for our guests.
Our Managers are charged with ensuring their restaurants are operating at the highest level and that standards never slip!
As the Manager, your focus is improving internal operations to solidify and optimize performance. Key responsibilities include coaching and developing team members, managing the guest experience to ensure that it always exceeds expectations, overseeing the quality of our food and beverages, and supervising the overall restaurant flow and experience on a shift-by-shift basis.
What you will do:
- Represent our Mission and Way and promote a respectful, positive, and professional work environment.
- Lead by example, creating a positive environment focused on enlightened hospitality and integrity.
- Create community with team members and promote a professional and positive work environment.
- Shift Execution:
- Perform opening, swing and closing shift duties.
- Manage daily operations including cleanliness, organization, revenue opportunities and staffing.
- Exercise discretion and independent judgment in facilitating zone management.
- Quickly and accurately identify critical information and make judgments in accordance with the philosophies, standards and practices of MHG.
- Guest Relations Management:
- Lead by example, providing exceptional guest service and hospitality, thereby setting the standard for all team members.
- Manage guest relations and guest recovery.
- Build a sense of shared ownership with guests, by actively engaging guests and building relationships.
- Monitor staff performance and hold staff accountable for their performance, ensuring guests’ experiences always exceed expectations.
- Personnel Management:
- Create a warm, professional, and positive environment where team members can thrive.
- Treat all team members equally with respect, ensuring that your coaching and feedback is done fairly and consistently.
- Praise team members for excellent work.
- Supervise and provide guidance to team members during shifts to ensure that standards are always being met.
- Make hiring and termination recommendations to General Manager.
- Participate in on-going education for team members, including leading shift meetings, holding educational seminars and participating in team-wide educational opportunities.
- Take point during shifts to ensure that training is being executed thoughtfully and as outlined.
- Operational Execution:
- Responsible for the quality of food, beverage and service served, ensuring that all standards are met.
- Manage supplies deliveries and organization of restaurant.
- Ensure restaurant and bar is in compliance with all safety and sanitation regulations.
- Accurately execute MHG initiatives and policies with improvement to quality, service, and operations.
- Work a minimum of 5 days a week, including nights/weekends/holidays as needed (depending on the needs of the restaurant, vacation coverage and special events).
Who you are:
- You are a thoughtful, positive person of integrity.
- You have at least 1 year experience in a high volume ($3-$5 million), casual/upscale restaurant (strongly preferred).
- You possess excellent service skills with an eye for detail.
- You are a people person, with demonstrated ability to build relationships.
- You are gritty. You challenge yourself. You look for solutions.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, POSi, Food Co., etc.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Metropolitan Hospitality Group
TRIO Grill is a modern American restaurant in Falls Church, Virginia offering the finest steaks and freshest seafood, award-winning service, an extensive wine list, handcrafted cocktails, and Merrifield's only cigar lounge.
TRIO blends urban sophistication with the relaxed ambiance of a neighborhood grill, making us perfect for date night, after-work drinks, or your next private dining occasion.