Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups, salads and other food products; as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation including plating and garnishing of cooked items and preparing appropriate garnishes for all menu item plates.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
• Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
• Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies and procedures.
• Preps, stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
• Portions food products prior to cooking according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications.
• Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
• Prepares item for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
• Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
• Follow sanitation guidelines set forth by Health Department
• Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
• Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
• Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
• Attends all scheduled employee meetings.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the Chef or manager-on-duty.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• 0-2 year varied experience in kitchen preparation and cooking.
• Must be able to communicate clearly with managers, kitchen and dining room personnel.
• Food Handlers permit on file, or to be obtained within 30 days.
Working Conditions and Expectations:
• Work schedule will may vary between early morning to late evening, weekends and holidays
• Shifts will range from 6 - 8 hours and you may at times be asked to work overtime
• Always act in a professional manner that represents the restaurant, owners, partners and staff.
• Respectful to all guests that have chosen to dine in our restaurants.
• Demonstrate teamwork in all areas of the restaurant
• Work with a positive attitude in all types of situations
• Follow safety and sanitation rules and laws at all times
• Always act in the best interest of the restaurant, fellow employees and guests.
• Welcome and accept feedback and coaching from the management team in order to maintain and grow as an employee
Free Health Insurance after 60 days for full time employees.
Resume must be included in your email.
Health Insurance Benefits - Medical, Dental and Vision
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Sprout LA
BS Taqueria is a top restaurant run by Chef Ray Garcia located in Downtown Los Angeles. The restaurant specializes in uniquely Angeleno Casual Mexican Cuisine, and demonstrates elements of long-established tradition, paired with contemporary approaches, and local flavors.