The Hey Nonny Business. HEY NONNY will be local foods gastropub and intimate music venue, opening summer, 2018 in Arlington Heights. It is located in a large performing arts/dining/entertainment center. The pub will seat 60 and the music venue will hold 110 to 150, depending on configuration, and the rooms can be joined. The venue will have music six nights a week, plus brunch shows on weekends, with music in a wide variety of genres (but not cover bands, tribute bands, or death metal involving animals). This integrated combination is unusual, and unique in the Northwest Suburbs.
General Manager Job Description
We seek a General Manager with the creativity, experience and enthusiasm to help define the business and service model, and then to implement it with passion, energy, and discipline to create a consistently thrilling dining and entertainment experience. Specifically, the General Manager will:
- Be responsible for the overall operation and management of Hey Nonny. Will report to the two owners, who will be active in the business.
- Manage and supervise a Venue Manager and a Kitchen Manager (salaried positions reporting to the General Manager).
- Manage all staffing (including hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating) for FOH. Ultimately responsible for managing all HR and payroll functions for all employees.
- Help define and will implement policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs to insure that all standards are consistently met.
- Deliver excellent guest services by greeting and talking with guests, becoming a “face” of the business.
- Manage efficiently FOH orders/purchases; monitor and supervise efficient BOH orders/purchases.
- Manage financial/bookkeeping functions.
- Attain or exceed food cost, labor cost and customer satisfaction goals for Hey Nonny.
- Manage the Hey Nonny technology systems (POS, CRM, ticketing, reservations, accounting).
- Work with owners and PR firm on marketing, public relations, special events, social media, website, and loyalty program.
- Review and keep spotless and in good repair all elements of the physical plant.
- Monitor all elements of the quality of the customer experience: greetings, service, sound, lighting, food and beverage quality.
- Continue to think of new ways for Hey Nonny to amaze its patrons.
The preferred candidate possesses the following experience/qualities:
- At least 2 years of management/leadership experience; at least 4 years restaurant/bar experience.
- Polished, hospitable, professional, positive and dedicated to delighting guests.
- Experience in farm-to-table, local foods, sustainable agriculture and operations.
- Extensive food and beverage knowledge and experience.
- Event management experience.
- Enthusiasm for live music.
- Willingness to be engaged in the local community – preferably live in (or be willing to eventually move to) the Northwest suburbs.
- Ability to consult initially before joining full-time in May, 2018.
- Highly organized and personally disciplined.
- Strong people and technology skills