Under the direction of the Sous Chef candidates will be required to assist in all culinary locations at any given time. Supervisors must assists with the operation of any outlet, supervises associates, prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with the Company’s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
- Exhibit working knowledge of food cost, best practices, line checks, and purchasing
- Observes, evaluates, and documents job performance of associates and assists with kitchen personnel performance
- Analyzes and resolves all problems with associates, guests, and the operation with the assistance of management
- Supervise and coordinates under the direction of the Sous Chef, personnel activities of the Kitchen or location on a per shift basis, including training and enforcing work procedures and culinary standards and service standards
- Ensure food items are prepared according to DNC standards of quality, consistency and time lines
- Maintain sanitation procedures and organization of work area adhering to all
- Purchase various products as par levels dictate.
- Maintain food storage, receiving, rotating and stocking as par levels dictate
- Exhibit working knowledge of scheduling
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operation
- Properly measures and portions all food items.
- Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
- Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner.
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
- Packages all products to proper specifications
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
- Performs other duties assigned
- Meet all health department standards for safe food handling.
- Operate equipment safely determined by position and OSHA regulations.
- Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures
- Assists associates in serving guests as business levels demand
- Assists management in performing inventory counts
Education & Experience:
- High school education; associates degree a plus
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a lead line or supervisory experience preferred.
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in back-of-the-house high volume foodservice position
- Culinary education preferred
- ServeSafe certification
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations.
- Pleasant and friendly; with excellent guest service skills ability to adhere to GuestPath’s Universal Service Standards
- Ability to communicate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
- Strong math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe conversion, measurements and proportions
- Strong verbal and written communication skills -- ability to communicate with staff and to prepare written stand reports after each event, computer skills are a must
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to direct the work activities of several associates simultaneously and plan ahead
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
Environmental Working Conditions:
- Kitchen environment – noise levels may be moderate to high
- Works frequently and may be exposed to variable temperatures, including extreme hot and cold, depending on season
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at any time.*
Delaware North is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Delaware North
Delaware North Sportservice operates food, beverage and retail services at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, the celebrated home of Major League Baseball’s Baltimore Orioles.
When Sportservice took over in 2011 as the food, beverage and retail provider at Oriole Park at Camden Yards, it quickly made a move that revived the ballpark’s famed Eutaw Street back to life.
The company also listened to fans and brought back a longtime Baltimore favorite, National Bohemian Beer, along with several beloved local restaurant signature food items, to the ballpark’s concessions offerings. I
n 2012, Sportservice partnered with Orioles Hall of Famer Rick Dempsey to open Dempsey’s Brew Pub & Restaurant at Oriole Park at Camden Yards. The full-service restaurant on Eutaw Street is open year round.
See more at: https://www.delawarenorth.com/venues/oriole-park-at-camden-yards-mlb-baltimore-orioles#sthash.zak9N14Q.dpuf