B&B Hospitality Group is looking for an inspirational leader who has high energy, is self-motivated and has the culinary expertise for our 24 restaurants. You must be a developer of people and have a high passion for Italian food. We are an iconic brand operating in 7 cities across the US and Singapore. You will work hand in hand with all restaurant Chefs and General Managers.
The primary functions of the Culinary Director are:
- Serve as the primary culinary subject matter expert within company and communicates and educates on the latest trends within the industry.
- Directing the efforts and fostering skill development of all culinary talent.
- Develop a long-term culinary strategy that balances guest expectations with corporate financial goals and budgets.
- Maintain strategic accountability for overall menu/product offerings (across all restaurants) including, recipe standardization, portion standards, inventory management, prep standards, and waste/cost control programs.
- Ensure the highest level of culinary standards are maintained.
- Develop communication processes within the culinary field team to ensure alignment with corporate strategies.
- Lead and develop culinary leaders, support succession planning and development, and build bench strength.
- Actively drive attraction of new culinary talent to the business through a focus on networking and promotion of the employment opportunity in partnership with the talent management and recruitment teams.
- Develop relationships with vendors to facilitate ingredient selection, maintenance of managed order guides and supplier optimization.
- Establish and maintain effective food management processes and reporting.
- Partner with Finance and Operations to manage food and labor outliers.
- Responsible for helping a company to achieve financial goals and objectives while increasing operating performance.
- Solves internal issues as they arise.
- Be a vital contributor on ops and culinary teams and cross-partner projects in the pursuit of organizational goal achievement.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in high volume, fine dining environments (with expertise in Italian/Spanish cuisines).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an accredited college/university (preferably with major course work in Culinary Arts or its equivalent).
- Experience in developing, mentoring and coaching a regional culinary team.
- Proven track record leading large transformational projects.
- Well-developed project management skills with agility to shift priorities based on the dynamics of the industry and needs of the organization.
- Strong coaching, talent acquisition, and development skill with an eye for talent to produce bench strength for key leadership roles.
- Strong knowledge and passion for the hospitality industry with natural curiosity and idea leadership.
- Exceptional work ethic and attention to details with a competitive spirit in a self-directed environment.
- Integrity, and inspires trust in others by practicing personal leadership.
- Flexibility, resilience, and the ability to deal with ambiguity, welcoming and embracing change while respecting the value of tradition.
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interface with senior management, customers and employees.
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency.
- You will be reporting into a Director of Operations.
- Ability to travel up to 60% as determined by business needs, including internationally.
We offer comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401K, vacation.
B&BHG is an equal opportunity employer.
comprehensive benefits: medical, dental, vision, 401k, vacation
Advanced Knife Handling
Culinary Menu / Recipe Development
Enforcement Of Safety / Sanitation Standards
Food Cost Optimization
Food Handlers Certificate
Food Safety Knowledge
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of B&B Hospitality Group
Our restaurant group was founded on traditional Italian principles; the notion that food is best left to its simple beauty, that the dining experience should be shared with loved ones, and that we can leave the world in a better place than how we came into it.
If you are interested in working with us, please send your resume to [email protected] Also state the restaurant and the position you would like to work at in the email.