The Successful Events Manager Will:
• Sell, plan, and coordinate all aspects of private events to achieve sales goals.
• Schedule, direct and train event staff.
• Cultivate and encourage repeat business.
• Develop marketing strategies to identify and target key markets to generate core event business.
Job Requirements Include:
• High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent desired. Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
• Minimum 2 years experience in private events, banquet, or catering sales/management, with a proven track record establishing sales and prospecting programs to drive event revenues.
• Must have practical knowledge of dining service techniques including proper seating, wine etiquette, meal placement, etc.
• Must be well versed in operating POS systems.
• Must have excellent management and interpersonal skills. Outgoing, personable, and positive attitude.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and quickly solve problems.
• Exceptional multi-tasking and prioritizing skills. Strong attention to detail
• Ability to establish and maintain a lasting rapport with guests.
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Food Service Manager and Bassett certifications must be current at the time of hire.
If you are hard working, passionate, and have a love for the industry, this may be a good fit for you!
**Gage Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Other jobs you might be interested in
The word Acanto is the Italian translation of Acanthus – the flowery leaf used extensively in Roman architecture and by famed architect Louis Sullivan in his distinctive terracotta ornamentation found on the facade of the historically landmarked building at 18 South Michigan Avenue.
Just steps from Millennium Park, Chicago’s world-class cultural mile, and the bustling business district, Acanto is a central meeting place for those who love Italian food and an approachable, inviting dining experience. It is a must-do for visitors taking in Chicago’s nearby attractions, while locals have reason to return time and time again for get-togethers of all kinds – from bites and drinks at the bar to light lunches and hearty dinners for social, business and pre-theater gatherings.