The Successful Events Manager Will:
• Sell, plan, and coordinate all aspects of private events to achieve sales goals.
• Schedule, direct and train event staff.
• Cultivate and encourage repeat business.
• Develop marketing strategies to identify and target key markets to generate core event business.
Job Requirements Include:
• High school diploma or GED required. Bachelor's degree or equivalent desired. Equivalent combination of education and experience is acceptable.
• Minimum 2 years experience in private events, banquet, or catering sales/management, with a proven track record establishing sales and prospecting programs to drive event revenues.
• Must have practical knowledge of dining service techniques including proper seating, wine etiquette, meal placement, etc.
• Must be well versed in operating POS systems.
• Must have excellent management and interpersonal skills. Outgoing, personable, and positive attitude.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment and quickly solve problems.
• Exceptional multi-tasking and prioritizing skills. Strong attention to detail
• Ability to establish and maintain a lasting rapport with guests.
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
• Food Service Manager and Bassett certifications must be current at the time of hire.
If you are hard working, passionate, and have a love for the industry, this may be a good fit for you!
**Gage Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Competitive salary and benefits packages
Other jobs you might be interested in
Bar / Lounge, Casual Dining
Located at 405 N. Wabash Ave. in Chicago's River North, Beacon Tavern offers refined American tavern fare in an inviting, welcoming atmosphere. A sea-meets-land menu is a nod to the restaurant's riverside location and features classic tavern food and seafood-forward dishes. The indoor outdoor space invites local community members and world travelers alike to an urban oasis which looks over the river and is surrounded by the architectural icons that make the Chicago skyline.