Big Star Wrigleyville is looking for cashiers. Please apply with cover letter:
Position Summary- A Sales/Cashier is responsible for maintaining Guest Service as per company standard, generating sales, housekeeping, merchandising, signing, pricing, cash register operations (POS) and loss prevention in adherence to all Company Policy/Store standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure that each Guest receives outstanding Guest Service by providing a Guest friendly environment which includes greeting and acknowledging every Guest, maintaining outstanding standards, solid product knowledge and all other components of Guest Service.
- Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information, merchandise promotions, test merchandise and advertisements.
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and practices including signing, pricing, and loss prevention.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash and media accountabilities at POS registers.
- Communicate Guest requests to management.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Diploma or GED graduate.
- Serve Safe Certification required.
- Basset Certification required.
- Ability to handle stress under pressure.
- Ability to provide quality guest service.
- Ability to accurately exchange currency with the customers.
- Ability to reconcile all cash and currency.
- Willingness to maintain a clean, healthy, and safe working environment.
- Ability to learn and use company computer to input data.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to process information/merchandise through computer system and POS register system.
- Ability to read, count and write to accurately complete all documentation.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
Hourly plus tips
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of One Off Hospitality Group
BIG STAR WRIGLEY, opening spring 2018, is the second location of One Off Hospitality Group's Big Star: a bar and taqueria that pays homage to all-things whiskey, Mexican-inspired street food and honky tonk.
Drawing from the original Big Star location, Big Star Wrigley will feature an eclectic menu inspired by Mexican street food in a space that combines the electric energy of Chicago's north side with the honky-tonk charm of our Wicker Park space. The food, liquor and cocktail programs will change continuously to complement the seasons, and will always feature several beers on tap, as well as an ever-growing selection of our house-selected single barrel bourbons and whiskeys, picked by our own team members at distilleries in Kentucky.