Big Star Wrigleyville is looking for bar support. Please reply with cover letter:
Position Summary- A barback is responsible for supporting bartenders in executing guest service in accordance with One Off Hospitality standards, along with maintenance and upkeep of the bar area with respect to cleanliness, stocking and organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greet guests in a warm and friendly manner.
- Provide water service.
- Clear plate ware, flatware and glassware from guests and carry to dish area, bar area or otherwise designated areas for soiled equipment. Replenish all of the aforementioned for guests when necessary.
- Assist in preparing and serving coffee, tea and other beverages if necessary.
- Assist in preparing and offering bread service if necessary.
- Attend to any guest requests and relay to servers, bartenders and managers when needed.
- Hand wash and polish beer, wine and spirits glassware.
- Handle all dining equipment with care and respect.
- Have a strong understanding of all food and beverage menus.
- Assist with receiving beverage deliveries and stocking in the designated areas before, during and after service.
- Change out kegs and gas tanks when needed.
- Provide guest checks and settle final payment if needed.
- Always maintain a positive, and team-oriented, demeanor.
- Assist in housekeeping tasks when asked and follow direction.
- Maintain an awareness of all product knowledge information and information on history of restaurant.
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures and practices including health & safety, and loss prevention.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High School Diploma or GED graduate.
- Serve Safe Certification required.
- Ability to handle stress under pressure.
- Ability to accurately exchange currency with the customers.
- Ability to learn and use company computer to input data.
- Ability to provide quality guest service.
- Willingness to maintain a clean, healthy, and safe working environment.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities with attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Ability to freely access all areas of the restaurant including dining room floor, outside cafe, kitchen, prep area, washrooms, etc.
- Ability to move quick and carefully in narrow and confined spaces.
- Ability to be flexible with job demands and open minded when being asked to complete tasks.
- Ability to operate and use all equipment necessary to run the restaurant.
- Ability to move or handle equipment throughout the restaurant generally weighing 0-50 pounds.
- Ability to change kegs and gas tanks when needed.
- Ability to work varied hours/days as business dictates.
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of One Off Hospitality Group
BIG STAR WRIGLEY, opening spring 2018, is the second location of One Off Hospitality Group's Big Star: a bar and taqueria that pays homage to all-things whiskey, Mexican-inspired street food and honky tonk.
Drawing from the original Big Star location, Big Star Wrigley will feature an eclectic menu inspired by Mexican street food in a space that combines the electric energy of Chicago's north side with the honky-tonk charm of our Wicker Park space. The food, liquor and cocktail programs will change continuously to complement the seasons, and will always feature several beers on tap, as well as an ever-growing selection of our house-selected single barrel bourbons and whiskeys, picked by our own team members at distilleries in Kentucky.