Major Food Group seeks Pastry Cooks and Bakers for THE POOL & THE GRILL located in The Seagram Building (formerly The Four Seasons Restaurant) at 375 Park Avenue in Midtown.
The position requires:
- At least 2 years of experience in high volume and fine dining restaurants.
- Previous experience in Michelin-starred (1, 2, or 3) and/or NY Times (2 or more stars) is preferred.
- Desire to learn multiple facets of the vast realm of baking and pastry arts
- Knowledge and understanding of safety, sanitation and food handling procedures
- Good communication skills; ability to understand and follow written and verbal instruction and directions
- Strong attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a team atmosphere with the ability to be comfortable taking initiative when working alone
- Manage self calmly and effectively under pressure
Other jobs you might be interested in
Part of Major Food Group
375 Park Food is a space composed of two restaurants, THE GRILL and THE POOL. These spaces occupy the historic rooms of the former restaurant The Four Seasons and are now operated by Major Food Group.
Major Food Group (MFG) is a New York based restaurant and hospitality company founded by Mario Carbone, Rich Torrisi, and Jeff Zalaznick. The founders all exhibit a wealth of knowledge in the food, hospitality, and business sectors.